---- — Events
Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to email@example.com or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• The Manna Mission will be serving ham and beans, cornbread, hash browns, slaw, and applesauce from 5 to 7 p.m. Feb 25 at Main Street Christian Church. Desserts are being donated by Tri Kappa. Eat in and carry out are available.
• The Manilla Town & Country Homemakers Club will have a dinner meeting at 6 p.m. on Wed., Feb. 26 at the Cow Palace in Shelbyville. Marjorie Carmony will be the hostess. Doris Drake will give devotions. Roll Call: Name a favorite recipe. Sharon Wooley will give a program on "Recipe Makeover."
• The Noble Niters will meet at 7 p.m. Feb. 26 at Carla Angle's house. Marlene Fudge will be the assistant hostess. The lesson will be "making laundry detergent" with leader Angie Kuhn. Roll call response will be "Where did you go on your first date?" Inspiration by Dixie Meyer.
• Phoenix Lodge #62 & Martha Poe OES will be hosting a Tenderloin Dinner at the RCHS cafeteria on Friday, Feb 28, before the RCHS boys basketball game against North Decatur. We will be serving from 5 to 7 p.m. and carry outs will be available. Tickets are $8 in advance or $9 at the door for adults and kids are $5. If you would like to purchase a ticket, you can contact Will Wilson at 317-691-7914 or any other member. Please come and enjoy a good meal and good fellowship before going to the ball game.
• Learn about lasting love and overcoming life’s obstacles together by attending Tony and Lauren Dungy’s Uncommon Marriage Simulcast. This special event will be available locally on Saturday at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, at the corner of 5th and Morgan Street, in Rushville. Bring your coffee and spend the morning receiving encouragement and practical advice to equip your marriage to survive tough issues and flourish with joy, purpose and partnership…creating a marriage that is truly uncommon. Coffee and doughnuts will be provided in the church basement beginning at 9 a.m., with the simulcast scheduled from 10 a.m. to noon. A donation of $10 per couple to cover costs will be appreciated.
• Firearm Safety for Home and Personal Defense is the topic of a special interest program being presented at 6 p.m. Monday, March 3, in the Assembly Room of the Rush County Courthouse. Free and open to the public, this program is being taught by Rush County Sheriff Deputy Steve Houston. Reservations are not necessary, but encouraged by calling 932-5974. The Rush County Extension Homemakers are coordinating this program.
• Big Flatrock Christian Church would like to invite everyone to their annual chili supper from 4 to 7 p.m. on Saturday, March 8. A free will offering will be accepted. Carry out will be available. Chili without spaghetti will also be available upon request. A bake sale and a silent auction will be held by the Dorcas Circle II during the meal. The church is located at 4782 West 650 South, Rushville (one mile east of Gowdy). For more information, contact Larry Adkins at 765-932-5229.
• Manilla Lions Club is hosting a pancake, sausage, biscuit and gravy breakfast from 6:30 to 11 a.m. on Saturday, March 8 at their community building located at 2877 S 950 W, Manilla (off State Road 44). Adults $5; children 12 and under $3.
• The partnership of East Central Small Business Development Center, the Rush County ECDC and Rush County Chamber of Commerce is presenting a Launch Your Own Business workshop March 12. The workshop will be held from 9 a.m. to noon March 12, at River Point Office Suites. Call the ECDC at 765-938-3232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information.
• The Homer Christian Union Church youth group will host its annual chili supper fundraiser from 5 to 7:30 p.m. on March 15. Chili, hot dogs, dessert and beverage will be available. A free will offering will be accepted and carryout is available.
• At 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 11, Dr. Janette Fishell will present an IU Faculty Organ Recital at St. Paul Lutheran Church, 6045 E. State Street, Columbus. Everyone is cordially invited, admission is free. Dr. Fishell is Professor of Music and Chair of the Organ Department at Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, and is a teacher/recitalist of international standing.
• Raleigh School Reunion will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at the Raleigh Community Club in Raleigh. This is for anyone who ever attended Raleigh School. RSVP if you like to 765-645-5410 or email@example.com.
• The Rushville High School Class of 1964 will be celebrating our 50th class reunion in June and have a few classmates who have not been located. If you have any contact information on David Michael Kalp, Ted Lacy, Byron Thomas, David Stevens, Barbara Moore Scott, Norman Boyer, Connie Carlin, Michael Clifford, Gary Nixon, Jack Swegman or Rose Wilkinson, please email Sherri Griffis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Association, Indiana Chapter 0813, has a monthly meeting at 10 a.m. on the third Tuesday of each month at the Ponderosa Steakhouse, corner of North Lincoln St. and Fourth St., Greensburg. Optional lunch afterward. We have guest speakers on a variety of topics, interesting programs, and items discussed. Come meet your current and retired Federal Employee comrades. For more information call (765) 629 2720.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Every Thursday and Friday the Eagles hosts Bingo. Thursday the doors open at 5 p.m. and Friday the doors open at 6 p.m. For more information, call 932-4946.
• Tox-away Days are the first Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to noon at Smiley Avenue. Join in making this a Clean, Green Rush County.
• The community food pantry, 109 East Third Street, Rushville is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday. Bring photo ID. Donations welcomed.
• In cooperation with the Rush County Food Pantry (RCCA), the Gleaners Mobile Food Bank will be bringing a truck load of food to the Main Street Christian Church parking lot, 615 N. Main St., Rushville, on the first Monday of each month for distribution to local residents.
The distribution will be made between 4 and 6 p.m. Residents will need to bring their own containers (sacks or boxes) to put their food into.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets each Tuesday evening at 7:30 p.m. at the Hoosier Gym in Knightstown. Use the east entrance at the corner of Adams and Locust streets. Information: 765-313-1637.
• Diabetes education classes are held from 5 to 7 p.m. on the first, second, and third Tuesday of each month at Rush Memorial Hospital Skills Lab, second floor. Cost, $10 per class with a $25 refund if all three classes are attended. Info: 765-932-7416 or email@example.com
• Partners for a Healthy Rush County meets at 6 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month at the Boys & Girls Club. Open to all interested businesses, organizations or individuals in Rush County.
• AA and Al-Anon meet at 7:30 p.m. Mondays at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church.
• Crossroads Serenity Group, an Al-Anon group, meets from 6 to 7 p.m. every Monday at 333 N. Main Street, Rushville. Information: Gail at 317-642-9112 or Larry at 765-277-9477.
• Veterans, if you have an appointment at the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center in Indianapolis call (765) 932-3075, seven to 10 days in advance, to arrange a ride in the DAV van. Veterans who need a ride sooner call (765) 561-5445 or (765) 932-2703.
• Rush County Victims Assistance, Inc., monthly meeting on the third Monday of each month at 6 p.m. For location contact the office at 938-1555. The public always is invited. Info: Barbara Kuhn at 938-1555.