• Firearm Safety for Home and Personal Defense is the topic of a special interest program being presented at 6 p.m. Monday, March 3, in the Assembly Room of the Rush County Courthouse. Free and open to the public, this program is being taught by Rush County Sheriff Deputy Steve Houston. Reservations are not necessary, but encouraged by calling 932-5974. The Rush County Extension Homemakers are coordinating this program.
• Big Flatrock Christian Church would like to invite everyone to their annual chili supper from 4 to 7 p.m. on Saturday, March 8. A free will offering will be accepted. Carry out will be available. Chili without spaghetti will also be available upon request. A bake sale and a silent auction will be held by the Dorcas Circle II during the meal. The church is located at 4782 West 650 South, Rushville (one mile east of Gowdy). For more information, contact Larry Adkins at 765-932-5229.
• Manilla Lions Club is hosting a pancake, sausage, biscuit and gravy breakfast from 6:30 to 11 a.m. on Saturday, March 8 at their community building located at 2877 S 950 W, Manilla (off State Road 44). Adults $5; children 12 and under $3.
• The partnership of East Central Small Business Development Center, the Rush County ECDC and Rush County Chamber of Commerce is presenting a Launch Your Own Business workshop March 12. The workshop will be held from 9 a.m. to noon March 12, at River Point Office Suites. Call the ECDC at 765-938-3232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information.
• The Homer Christian Union Church youth group will host its annual chili supper fundraiser from 5 to 7:30 p.m. on March 15. Chili, hot dogs, dessert and beverage will be available. A free will offering will be accepted and carryout is available.
• At 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 11, Dr. Janette Fishell will present an IU Faculty Organ Recital at St. Paul Lutheran Church, 6045 E. State Street, Columbus. Everyone is cordially invited, admission is free. Dr. Fishell is Professor of Music and Chair of the Organ Department at Indiana University Jacobs School of Music, and is a teacher/recitalist of international standing.