• The public is invited to attend a "Family Focus Time" at the Hoosier Gym from 7-9 p.m. hosted by the Ministerial Fellowship of Knightstown. Christian entertainer Tab Beechler will be providing piano music and favorite songs. Area churches are now collecting school supplies and funds for book rental fees which will be given to all who need them during this event. For further information, contact your minister or Deacon Russ Woodard of the Knightstown Minister's Fellowship. Concessions available through the Hoosier Gym Association.
• Rush County Genealogical Society Meeting, 11 a.m, Rushville Elks Lodge, 223 E 3rd Street, Rushville.
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Mahoning Valley Christian Service Camp is celebrating 70 years of service with a public event from 2-6 p.m.
• Open House at Milroy Elementary for grades 1 to 6, is 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 13.
• All parents of band students in middle school and high school are invited and encouraged to volunteer and help through the Rush County Band Boosters Organization. The next meeting will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13 in the RCHS Band Room. While this meeting is on a Tuesday because of scheduling conflicts, the Band Boosters regular meets the second Monday of each month at 6 p.m. in the Band Room. . For more information about Band Boosters or to add your information to the e-mail reminder list please contact president Charles Brown at email@example.com.
• Join in the Blue River Young Marines orientation at 6:30 p.m. at Dodd's Hall in Morristown.The Young Marines is not a recruitment organization for the military, but a world-wide organization for youth, both boys and girls, between the ages of 8-18. The program emphasizes self-esteem, self-discipline, self-worth and drug, alcohol and tobacco resistance. Physical fitness and leadership skills are also emphasized.Visit http://www.youngmarines.com/ and http://www.blueriveryoungmarines.com/ for more information or contact Tim McCord at 765-561-1184.