The BRMS golf team traveled to Connersville and were defeated 204- 215.
Low medalist for Rushville was Cole Carmony with a 45. He was followed by Tanner Koors 54, Tyce Nicholls 58, Austin McDaniel 58, Will Thoman 59, Megyn Kirchoff 59, Brianna Saxon 66, Gea McGrath 68, Roseanne Lawson 68 and Madison Sutter 71.
At Greensburg, the Cubs fell to the Pirates 184-193. This is the team’s best score of the year. Austin McDaniel was meet low medalist with a 43. He was helped by Tanner Koors 48, Cole Carmony 50, Trenten Herbert 52, Will Thoman 57, Tyce Nicholls 64, Trey Colvin 64, Jensen Wood 65 and Christopher Holland 67. The Lady Cubs played a 6-hole match and were defeated by a score of 154-160. Megyn Kirchoff was low medalist with 30. Kirchoff finished her 9-hole round and carded a personal best 49. Next for the Lady Cubs was Gea McGrath with 35 followed by Madison Sutter 44, Roseanna Lawson 46 and Kyra Merrick 51.
The team hosts South Decatur Wednesday.
Rush County Youth Football
Rush County Youth Football will be having an organizational meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at Rushville Consolidated High School. Anyone interested in coaching or being involved with Rush County Youth Football is welcome to attend. Any Rush County youth from Kindergarten through sixth grade is eligible to participate in Rush County Youth Football. Contact Doug Marlow with any questions at (765) 663-2891.
- Sports Briefs BRMS girls basketball The BRMS eighth-grade girls Black traveled to Connersville and defeated the Lady Spartans 31-27. River Paddack led the Lady Cubs with 13 points. Alexis Thompson had 10 followed by Emily Duncan four, Alexis Branson two and Peyton
- Spartans claim gymnastics sectional title CONNERSVILLE - The host Lady Spartans of Connersville claimed the IHSAA gymnastics sectional title Saturday, distancing themselves from New Palestine by better than three points. The Lady Spartans finished with a team total of 105.425. New Palestine
- Changed wording delays debate on right to hunt, fish INDIANAPOLIS - A much-debated ban on same-sex marriage wasn't the only proposed constitutional amendment to get knocked off this November's ballot. Gone, too, is the less contentious proposal to protect Hoosiers' right to hunt and fish. Backers of th
- Turner plans to attend Franklin College Rushville Consolidated High School senior Zach Turner has one more season with the Lions before he will head to Franklin College in the fall. Turner is currently preparing for his senior season with the Lion track team. This fall, he will attend Fra
- Sports briefs BRMS girls basketball The BRMS seventh-grade girls Black played in the St. Louis Invitational in Batesville and defeated St. Louis 45-14 and St. Bartholomew 44-7. On the day, Betsy Muir scored two points. Madison Hinshaw had four points. Karley Yager
- Tigers eliminate Lions with 60-54 victory GREENSBURG - On the opening night of the boys basketball sectional, host Greensburg dominated South Dearborn 105-38 in the first game and Lawrenceburg held off the Lions 60-56 despite struggling in the fourth quarter at the charity stripe. Lawrencebu
- Sports Briefs RCHS events Today Basketball: Rushville vs Lawrenceburg at Greensburg Sectional, 7:30 p.m. BRMS girls basketball The BRMS Lady Cubs seventh-grade Red fell to Doe Creek 32-18. Olivia Vance tallied eight points, six rebounds and one steal. Breanna Carp
- Lions down Chargers on Senior Night On a night of celebration for Rushville as the school honored seniors from the basketball team, band and cheerleaders, the Lions capped the evening with a victory over North Decatur 77-54. With the win, the Lions end the regular season 10-9 while the
- Tourney time on the hardwood For five teams in the Class 3A Sectional 29 at Greensburg, the road to a sectional title appears, on paper, to be a rough ride. The Pirates are the host, the defending Class 3A state champs and the No. 1 ranked team in Class 3A. Greensburg is the tea
- State champion crowned in Elks Hoop Shoot Cameron Jackman, of Milroy, (10-11 year old boys group) was a second place finisher in the third round of competition in the Elks "Hoop Shoot" free throw contest Saturday at New Castle. Cameron was sponsored by the Rushville Elks Lodge #1307. The "E
- More Sports Headlines