The BRMS golf team traveled to Connersville and were defeated 204- 215.
Low medalist for Rushville was Cole Carmony with a 45. He was followed by Tanner Koors 54, Tyce Nicholls 58, Austin McDaniel 58, Will Thoman 59, Megyn Kirchoff 59, Brianna Saxon 66, Gea McGrath 68, Roseanne Lawson 68 and Madison Sutter 71.
At Greensburg, the Cubs fell to the Pirates 184-193. This is the team’s best score of the year. Austin McDaniel was meet low medalist with a 43. He was helped by Tanner Koors 48, Cole Carmony 50, Trenten Herbert 52, Will Thoman 57, Tyce Nicholls 64, Trey Colvin 64, Jensen Wood 65 and Christopher Holland 67. The Lady Cubs played a 6-hole match and were defeated by a score of 154-160. Megyn Kirchoff was low medalist with 30. Kirchoff finished her 9-hole round and carded a personal best 49. Next for the Lady Cubs was Gea McGrath with 35 followed by Madison Sutter 44, Roseanna Lawson 46 and Kyra Merrick 51.
The team hosts South Decatur Wednesday.
Rush County Youth Football
Rush County Youth Football will be having an organizational meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at Rushville Consolidated High School. Anyone interested in coaching or being involved with Rush County Youth Football is welcome to attend. Any Rush County youth from Kindergarten through sixth grade is eligible to participate in Rush County Youth Football. Contact Doug Marlow with any questions at (765) 663-2891.
- Lions drop home opener to Dragons The Lions hosted former conference foe New Palestine in Rushville home opener Saturday. It was a tight game for three quarters, but the Lions could not get over the hump and fell to the Dragons 72-62. Both teams are now 1-1 on the young season. Alex
- Lady Cougars upset No. 1 Lady Lions A young Greenfield-Central Lady Cougar basketball team (no seniors) grew up a little on Saturday, coming into Memorial Gym and pressuring the Class 3A No. 1 Rushville into its first loss of the season, 48-41. The Lady Lions fall to 4-1 and the Lady C
- Sports Briefs Today's event Wrestling: Rushville at Richmond, 6 p.m. FIFA calls fan violence in Brazil 'very sad' SAO PAULO (AP) -- As disturbing images of fans hitting each other are shown across Brazil, soccer's governing body is downplaying the risk of violence
- Bengals throw cold water on Colts AFC South title parade CINCINNATI -- It snowed before Sunday's game at Paul Brown Stadium and drizzled afterward. In between, the Cincinnati Bengals (9-4) rained points on a stumbling Indianapolis Colts defense en route to a 42-28 victory that clinched a key tiebreaker for
- Host Indians sweep swim meet titles MILAN - The RCHS swim teams traveled to Milan to face the host Indians and South Ripley. The Lions finished second in their first meet of the year and the Lady Lions were third. Milan won the team title for the boys with 63.5 followed by Rushville at
- McMurray named head football coach The Lions have a new leader for the football program in Scott McMurray. McMurray was the varsity outside linebacker coach and special teams coordinator for the Lions this past season in which the Lions finished 6-4. "Myself and the coaching staff loo
- Weather could play part as Colts travel to Cincinnati INDIANAPOLIS - Growing up in Houston, Texas, Andrew Luck doesn't have a history of playing a lot of football in the snow or in snowy conditions. But if weather forecasts for this weekend remain on track, Sunday's AFC battle between the Indianapolis C
- Host Spartans sweep Lions, Bulldogs CONNERSVILLE -- Rushville and Batesville traveled to Connersville for a 3-team swim meet Tuesday. The host Spartans won the team title for the boys and the girls. Results for both the boys and girls were the same as Connersville was first followed by
- Globetrotters coming to Rushville The world famous Harlem Globetrotters will take fan interaction to a new level when the 2014 "Fans Rule" World Tour comes to the Memorial Gym - Rushville Consolidated High School at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2014. They will take on the World All
- sports briefs Today's event Basketball: Lions at Connersville, 6 p.m. All-EIAC volleyball The Eastern Indiana Athletic Conference announced its all-conference volleyball team. The members selected were: Bailey Baumer of Batesville (MVP), Kaylie Martin of Lawrenceb
- More Sports Headlines