The BRMS golf team traveled to North Brach Golf Course to face North Decatur. The host Chargers defeated the Cubs by eight strokes 196-204.
Cole Carmony led the Cubs with 45 followed by Tanner Koors 51, Austin McDaniel 51, Megyn Kirchoff 56, Tyce Nicolls 57, Madison Sutter 63, Dillon Fowler 65 and Trey Colvin 67.
The Cubs then took on Doe Creek and posted a 205-220 victory. Koors led the way with 47 followed by Carmony 51, McDaniel 51, Kirchoff 56, Nicholls 62, Gea McGrath 70, Brianna Saxon 70, Chris Holland 70, Kyra Merrick 70, Leland Joya 71 and Roseanna Lawson 72.
Richmond Test defeated the Cubs 191-197. Carmony had 46 to lead the Cubs. He was followed by Koors 48, McDaniel 49, Nicholls 54, Fowler 55,Trenten Herbert 58, Will Thoman 59, Kirchoff 62, Colvin 63, Jensen Wood 63 and Dalton Hornaday 64.
The Lady Cubs fell to Greensburg 84-12.
For the Lady Cubs, Fran Percell was third in the 100 hurdles. Corey Johnson was second in the 100 with Percell third. Hall took second in the 400. Johnson was third in the 200 and Brandi Adkins was second in the 800.
The Cubs fell to the Pirates 59-46.
The 3200 relay team of Brett Leisure, Jacob Kirchoff, Josh Hodge and Luke Schombert crossed the line first. Ike Sheehan won the 110 hurdles with Ira Griffith third. Keith Yager won the 100 with Trevor Valentine third. Schombert was third in the 1600. Jacob Wilson won the long jump. The 400 relay team of Wilson, Gunner Yurack, Sheehan and Yager took first. Wilson also won the 400 with Sheehan third. Brandon Sturm was third in the discus. Yager won the 200 and high jump. Josh Hodge took third in the 800.
- Turner plans to attend Franklin College Rushville Consolidated High School senior Zach Turner has one more season with the Lions before he will head to Franklin College in the fall. Turner is currently preparing for his senior season with the Lion track team. This fall, he will attend Fra
- Sports briefs BRMS girls basketball The BRMS seventh-grade girls Black played in the St. Louis Invitational in Batesville and defeated St. Louis 45-14 and St. Bartholomew 44-7. On the day, Betsy Muir scored two points. Madison Hinshaw had four points. Karley Yager
- Tigers eliminate Lions with 60-54 victory GREENSBURG - On the opening night of the boys basketball sectional, host Greensburg dominated South Dearborn 105-38 in the first game and Lawrenceburg held off the Lions 60-56 despite struggling in the fourth quarter at the charity stripe. Lawrencebu
- Sports Briefs RCHS events Today Basketball: Rushville vs Lawrenceburg at Greensburg Sectional, 7:30 p.m. BRMS girls basketball The BRMS Lady Cubs seventh-grade Red fell to Doe Creek 32-18. Olivia Vance tallied eight points, six rebounds and one steal. Breanna Carp
- Lions down Chargers on Senior Night On a night of celebration for Rushville as the school honored seniors from the basketball team, band and cheerleaders, the Lions capped the evening with a victory over North Decatur 77-54. With the win, the Lions end the regular season 10-9 while the
- Tourney time on the hardwood For five teams in the Class 3A Sectional 29 at Greensburg, the road to a sectional title appears, on paper, to be a rough ride. The Pirates are the host, the defending Class 3A state champs and the No. 1 ranked team in Class 3A. Greensburg is the tea
- State champion crowned in Elks Hoop Shoot Cameron Jackman, of Milroy, (10-11 year old boys group) was a second place finisher in the third round of competition in the Elks "Hoop Shoot" free throw contest Saturday at New Castle. Cameron was sponsored by the Rushville Elks Lodge #1307. The "E
- Free beginner turkey hunting workshops Registration is open for a DNR workshop series in March at two locations designed to teach newcomers self-reliance and how to hunt wild turkey. "Hunt, Fish, Eat: Wild Turkey" is part of the ongoing "Hunt, Fish, Eat" program run by the DNR Division of
- Lions rally in fourth to sting Jackets The Yellow Jackets of Morristown invaded Memorial Gym Monday and led the Lions at two quarter breaks. Neither was the fourth quarter as the Lions poured in 31 points in the fourth quarter to rally past the Jackets 73-65. The Lions improve to 8-9 on t
- Sports Briefs RCHS events Today Boys basketball: North Decatur at Rushville, 6 p.m. (JV) BRMS girls basketball The BRMS seventh-grade girls Red fell 29-23 to St. Michael in the four-team tourney at Connersville. The squad rebounded to knock off Connersville in the
- More Sports Headlines