The BRMS eighth-grade girls basketball teams posted a sweep of Doe Creek.
The eighth-grade Black won 45-36. Marley led the Lady Cubs with 17 points. Ash had 15 points. Fogg, Adkins and Beavers had four points. Aldridge had one point.
The eighth-grade Red won 42-31. Megyn Kirchoff led the Lady Cubs with 19 points. Madison Owen added 14 points. Mekyna Hall had six points and Casey Chabre had three points.
In earlier action, the Red went 1-1 at the Connersville tournament. The Lady Cubs fell to St. Michael 24-15. Chabre had eight points with Owen scoring four and Kirchoff three.
The Lady Cubs then defeated Connersville 24-4. Chabre had 10 points followed by Owen six, Kirchoff two, Beavers two, Kassie Herbert two, Mekyna Hall one and Macie Orme one.
The eighth-grade girls defeated Knightstown 35-17. Ash had 17 points and three rebounds followed by Fogg eight points and five rebounds, Adkins six points and seven, Markley three points and one rebound, Eldridge two points and one rebound, Owens two points and four rebounds, Flannery one rebound, Kirchoff two assists, and Hall one rebound.
Boys basketball sectional
Boys basketball sectional season tickets will be on sale through noon Tuesday. Tickets are $10. This is an open sale and all seats are general admission.
On Friday evening the Lions’ JV basketball team (12-7) traveled to Greenfield to take on the host Cougars and came away with a 38-22 victory. The Lions were able to take a 13-10 lead into half and outscored the Cougars 25-12 in the second half. Kris Combs led the team with 12 points followed by Ricky Thompson 10, Jon Seals nine, Bryce Dye three, Nathan Borders two and Jaret Sons two.
HHC girls basketball
The HHC announced the first team and honorable mention girls basketball teams. Rushville had three members of the first team - Mackenzie Campbell, Sarah Cook and Keragan Niehoff. Mikayla Dougherty was named honorable mention and head coach Melissa Marlow was named Coach of the Year.
- Turner plans to attend Franklin College Rushville Consolidated High School senior Zach Turner has one more season with the Lions before he will head to Franklin College in the fall. Turner is currently preparing for his senior season with the Lion track team. This fall, he will attend Fra
- Sports briefs BRMS girls basketball The BRMS seventh-grade girls Black played in the St. Louis Invitational in Batesville and defeated St. Louis 45-14 and St. Bartholomew 44-7. On the day, Betsy Muir scored two points. Madison Hinshaw had four points. Karley Yager
- Tigers eliminate Lions with 60-54 victory GREENSBURG - On the opening night of the boys basketball sectional, host Greensburg dominated South Dearborn 105-38 in the first game and Lawrenceburg held off the Lions 60-56 despite struggling in the fourth quarter at the charity stripe. Lawrencebu
- Sports Briefs RCHS events Today Basketball: Rushville vs Lawrenceburg at Greensburg Sectional, 7:30 p.m. BRMS girls basketball The BRMS Lady Cubs seventh-grade Red fell to Doe Creek 32-18. Olivia Vance tallied eight points, six rebounds and one steal. Breanna Carp
- Lions down Chargers on Senior Night On a night of celebration for Rushville as the school honored seniors from the basketball team, band and cheerleaders, the Lions capped the evening with a victory over North Decatur 77-54. With the win, the Lions end the regular season 10-9 while the
- Tourney time on the hardwood For five teams in the Class 3A Sectional 29 at Greensburg, the road to a sectional title appears, on paper, to be a rough ride. The Pirates are the host, the defending Class 3A state champs and the No. 1 ranked team in Class 3A. Greensburg is the tea
- State champion crowned in Elks Hoop Shoot Cameron Jackman, of Milroy, (10-11 year old boys group) was a second place finisher in the third round of competition in the Elks "Hoop Shoot" free throw contest Saturday at New Castle. Cameron was sponsored by the Rushville Elks Lodge #1307. The "E
- Free beginner turkey hunting workshops Registration is open for a DNR workshop series in March at two locations designed to teach newcomers self-reliance and how to hunt wild turkey. "Hunt, Fish, Eat: Wild Turkey" is part of the ongoing "Hunt, Fish, Eat" program run by the DNR Division of
- Lions rally in fourth to sting Jackets The Yellow Jackets of Morristown invaded Memorial Gym Monday and led the Lions at two quarter breaks. Neither was the fourth quarter as the Lions poured in 31 points in the fourth quarter to rally past the Jackets 73-65. The Lions improve to 8-9 on t
- Sports Briefs RCHS events Today Boys basketball: North Decatur at Rushville, 6 p.m. (JV) BRMS girls basketball The BRMS seventh-grade girls Red fell 29-23 to St. Michael in the four-team tourney at Connersville. The squad rebounded to knock off Connersville in the
- More Sports Headlines