The BRMS eighth-grade girls basketball teams posted a sweep of Doe Creek.
The eighth-grade Black won 45-36. Marley led the Lady Cubs with 17 points. Ash had 15 points. Fogg, Adkins and Beavers had four points. Aldridge had one point.
The eighth-grade Red won 42-31. Megyn Kirchoff led the Lady Cubs with 19 points. Madison Owen added 14 points. Mekyna Hall had six points and Casey Chabre had three points.
In earlier action, the Red went 1-1 at the Connersville tournament. The Lady Cubs fell to St. Michael 24-15. Chabre had eight points with Owen scoring four and Kirchoff three.
The Lady Cubs then defeated Connersville 24-4. Chabre had 10 points followed by Owen six, Kirchoff two, Beavers two, Kassie Herbert two, Mekyna Hall one and Macie Orme one.
The eighth-grade girls defeated Knightstown 35-17. Ash had 17 points and three rebounds followed by Fogg eight points and five rebounds, Adkins six points and seven, Markley three points and one rebound, Eldridge two points and one rebound, Owens two points and four rebounds, Flannery one rebound, Kirchoff two assists, and Hall one rebound.
Boys basketball sectional
Boys basketball sectional season tickets will be on sale through noon Tuesday. Tickets are $10. This is an open sale and all seats are general admission.
On Friday evening the Lions’ JV basketball team (12-7) traveled to Greenfield to take on the host Cougars and came away with a 38-22 victory. The Lions were able to take a 13-10 lead into half and outscored the Cougars 25-12 in the second half. Kris Combs led the team with 12 points followed by Ricky Thompson 10, Jon Seals nine, Bryce Dye three, Nathan Borders two and Jaret Sons two.
HHC girls basketball
The HHC announced the first team and honorable mention girls basketball teams. Rushville had three members of the first team - Mackenzie Campbell, Sarah Cook and Keragan Niehoff. Mikayla Dougherty was named honorable mention and head coach Melissa Marlow was named Coach of the Year.
- Host Indians sweep swim meet titles MILAN - The RCHS swim teams traveled to Milan to face the host Indians and South Ripley. The Lions finished second in their first meet of the year and the Lady Lions were third. Milan won the team title for the boys with 63.5 followed by Rushville at
- McMurray named head football coach The Lions have a new leader for the football program in Scott McMurray. McMurray was the varsity outside linebacker coach and special teams coordinator for the Lions this past season in which the Lions finished 6-4. "Myself and the coaching staff loo
- Weather could play part as Colts travel to Cincinnati INDIANAPOLIS - Growing up in Houston, Texas, Andrew Luck doesn't have a history of playing a lot of football in the snow or in snowy conditions. But if weather forecasts for this weekend remain on track, Sunday's AFC battle between the Indianapolis C
- Host Spartans sweep Lions, Bulldogs CONNERSVILLE -- Rushville and Batesville traveled to Connersville for a 3-team swim meet Tuesday. The host Spartans won the team title for the boys and the girls. Results for both the boys and girls were the same as Connersville was first followed by
- Globetrotters coming to Rushville The world famous Harlem Globetrotters will take fan interaction to a new level when the 2014 "Fans Rule" World Tour comes to the Memorial Gym - Rushville Consolidated High School at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2014. They will take on the World All
- sports briefs Today's event Basketball: Lions at Connersville, 6 p.m. All-EIAC volleyball The Eastern Indiana Athletic Conference announced its all-conference volleyball team. The members selected were: Bailey Baumer of Batesville (MVP), Kaylie Martin of Lawrenceb
- Events canceled The Lion wrestling meet with Triton Central and the boys freshman basketball game schedule for Thursday have been canceled.
- HOF announces 2014 men's class The Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame Board of Directors announces the 2014 Mens’ Induction Class to be honored on Wednesday, March 26, 2014. The list of honorees includes Rushville’s Jack Cross, a 1951 graduate. Cross was the South Central Conference’
- sports briefs Today's event Swimming: Rushville, Batesville at Connersville, 5:30 p.m. BRMS basketball The BRMS eighth-grade Black fell to Richmond Test despite the Cubs' putting eight different players in the scoring column. A slow offensive start by the Cubs aid
- "Rumble" to salute injured Stewart FORT WAYNE -- He's still getting around on a motorized scooter, not a race car, but his badly broken right leg won't keep Tony Stewart away from the "Rumble in Fort Wayne" indoor midget races. The three-time NASCAR champion, some two months away from
- More Sports Headlines