As Grand Prix motorcycle racing returns to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Aug. 16-18, the annual three-day Red Bull Indianapolis GP will feature a variety of events and opportunities for the whole family beginning today.
Kicking off the weekend, the public is invited to the 6th annual Motorcyles on Meridian event on Monument Circle and South Meridian Street as motorcyclists gather to celebrate, beginning at 7 p.m. today and 4 p.m. Saturday.
In addition to practice and qualifications in advance of the Sunday’s race, spectators can also take in a variety of events and opportunities for the whole family. The Moto Midway, a key activity area located in the inside of the track, will include live music on a concert stage, concessions, retail and interactive motorcycle experiences by Honda, Yamaha and other motorcycle brands.
Additional attractions and activities include:
1. Kids Zone including military themed activities, a non-pedal bike course, concessions and opportunities for kids under 12 to ride motorcycles
2. XDL stunt riding by top motorcycle stunters
3. Jagermiester Party Zone – zip line, volleyball, pool tables, foosball and more
4. Vendor Marketplace with dozens of brands and opportunities to purchase gear, equipment and accessories
5. Live music including 3LAU, Space Capone, Guns 4 Roses, The Features, RECOIL, PictureYes, Jasmine Cain, Street Spirit, Brent James & The Vintage Youth, DJ Orion, Slater Hogan and drum line performers High Octane
Three elite classes of MotoGP riders will race on Sunday, beginning at 11 a.m., competing on a 16-turn, 2.621-mile road course and incorporating the famous front straightaway of the IMS oval.
A full weekend schedule and music lineup is available at indianapolismotorspeedway.com.
Camping is also available to attendees on the IMS grounds, with eight different camping locations including tent, RV and paid daily parking. The IMS is pleased to offer electricity to campers through a partnership with McAllister Machinery. Event tickets, parking and camping passes can be purchased at indianpolismotorspeedway.com.
Tagline (right aligned):-Rushville Republican