Lady Lion "C" team
The Lady Lion "C" basketball team defeated Connersville 56-7 to improve to 7-4 on the year.
Rushville was led by Katy Newbold with 15 points, two rebounds and eight steals. Keely Springman added 14 points, 16 rebounds and four steals. Tori Colestock had 14 points, six rebounds and one steal. Brooklyn Herbert chipped in with six points, three rebounds and two steals. Desiree Evener had five points and four rebounds. Katlyn Buckley finished with two points, one rebound and two steals.
The Lady Lions defeated Mt. Vernon 31-28 to move to 8-4. Newbold led the Lady Lions with 14 points and four rebounds. Herbert added seven points and five rebounds. Buckley scored five points. Colestock added three points and three boards. Springman had two points and two rebounds. Evener grabbed one rebound.
The BRMS seventh-grade boys Red basketball traveled to South Decatur and fell to the Cougars 34-16. Leading the way for the Cubs was Jordon Davis with seven points. Adam Lesing was the second leading scorer for the Cubs with five points and Bryson Medley chipped in with four points.
The Cubs finished the season with a 36-12 loss at home to Connersville. Medley had three points. Jordan Davis, Lane Hornberger and Kameron Marshall all had two points. Sam Spilman, Jared Smith and Jack Lattner all finished with one point.
T-Ball sign-up for 2013
Aaron Gurley recently assumed the head of the local youth T-Ball league and announced registration information for the upcoming 2013 season for four, five, six and seven year-old players. Applications can be picked up at the Rush County Boys & Girls Club between Feb. 1 and March 15. A electronic version of the application is also available this year by contacting Gurley. Cost is $30 per player with the season kicking off with the jamboree April 27. Additional information or to request a electronic application, Gurley can be contacted at 765-561-3078.
Girls basketball sectional tickets
RCHS Athletic Director Dave Green announced that season tickets for the IHSAA Girls Basketball Sectional at Rushville will be sold according to the following schedule. There is no reserved seating.
Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Varsity girls players, managers and cheerleaders families, Golden Lion Ticket holders and RCS faculty and staff that worked girls games may buy tickets at the Memorial Gym Athletic Office.
Friday (Feb. 1): 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Student and adult All Sport Ticket holders and Season Ticket holders may buy tickets at the Memorial Gym Athletic Office.
Monday (Feb. 4): 8 a.m. to noon - Open sale at the Memorial Gym Athletic Office.
The sectional draw is Sunday. The first game of the tournament is Feb. 5 at 7 p.m. Game 2 will be Feb. 6 at 6 p.m. followed by Game 3 at 7:30 p.m. Game 4 will be Feb. 8 at 6 p.m. followed by Game 5 at 7:30 p.m. The championship game will be Feb. 9 at 7:30 p.m.
Season tickets are $10. Make checks payable to RCHS Activities Fund. Single session tickets are $6 and will be sold at the gate only.
Elk's District Hoop Shoot
Megan Adkins competed in the Elk's District Hoop Shoot contest at Seymour. Megan competed in the 10 -11 age group and is the District Champion, making 15-of-25 free throws. She will compete in the state competition at New Castle in February.
Lion frosh basketball
The Lion freshman basketball team fell at Richmond 63-29. Leading the young Lions was Jaret Sons with 10 points. Wesley Green finished with seven points. Jim Jones chipped in with five points. Andrew Winzenread hd four points and Kyle Bridges added three points.
Lady Lion "C" team
- Lions drop home opener to Dragons The Lions hosted former conference foe New Palestine in Rushville home opener Saturday. It was a tight game for three quarters, but the Lions could not get over the hump and fell to the Dragons 72-62. Both teams are now 1-1 on the young season. Alex
- Lady Cougars upset No. 1 Lady Lions A young Greenfield-Central Lady Cougar basketball team (no seniors) grew up a little on Saturday, coming into Memorial Gym and pressuring the Class 3A No. 1 Rushville into its first loss of the season, 48-41. The Lady Lions fall to 4-1 and the Lady C
- Sports Briefs Today's event Wrestling: Rushville at Richmond, 6 p.m. FIFA calls fan violence in Brazil 'very sad' SAO PAULO (AP) -- As disturbing images of fans hitting each other are shown across Brazil, soccer's governing body is downplaying the risk of violence
- Bengals throw cold water on Colts AFC South title parade CINCINNATI -- It snowed before Sunday's game at Paul Brown Stadium and drizzled afterward. In between, the Cincinnati Bengals (9-4) rained points on a stumbling Indianapolis Colts defense en route to a 42-28 victory that clinched a key tiebreaker for
- Host Indians sweep swim meet titles MILAN - The RCHS swim teams traveled to Milan to face the host Indians and South Ripley. The Lions finished second in their first meet of the year and the Lady Lions were third. Milan won the team title for the boys with 63.5 followed by Rushville at
- McMurray named head football coach The Lions have a new leader for the football program in Scott McMurray. McMurray was the varsity outside linebacker coach and special teams coordinator for the Lions this past season in which the Lions finished 6-4. "Myself and the coaching staff loo
- Weather could play part as Colts travel to Cincinnati INDIANAPOLIS - Growing up in Houston, Texas, Andrew Luck doesn't have a history of playing a lot of football in the snow or in snowy conditions. But if weather forecasts for this weekend remain on track, Sunday's AFC battle between the Indianapolis C
- Host Spartans sweep Lions, Bulldogs CONNERSVILLE -- Rushville and Batesville traveled to Connersville for a 3-team swim meet Tuesday. The host Spartans won the team title for the boys and the girls. Results for both the boys and girls were the same as Connersville was first followed by
- Globetrotters coming to Rushville The world famous Harlem Globetrotters will take fan interaction to a new level when the 2014 "Fans Rule" World Tour comes to the Memorial Gym - Rushville Consolidated High School at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2014. They will take on the World All
- sports briefs Today's event Basketball: Lions at Connersville, 6 p.m. All-EIAC volleyball The Eastern Indiana Athletic Conference announced its all-conference volleyball team. The members selected were: Bailey Baumer of Batesville (MVP), Kaylie Martin of Lawrenceb
- More Sports Headlines