Lady Lions fell sting of Yellow Jackets
MORRISTOWN - After dominating play in the second set at Morristown to even the match at one set apiece, the Lady Lions could not stop the Yellow Jackets in the third and fourth sets and lost 25-22, 12-25, 25-16, 25-21.
For the Lady Lions, Allison Wainwright tallied one ace, four kills, one block and nine digs. Autumn Meece had two aces and 25 digs. Casey Yager finished with three kills and one assist. Jacquelyn Hastings added one ace, one kill, four blocks and one dig. Kayla Shelton had four kills and five digs. Keely Springman had two aces, one block, 24 assists and four digs. Keragan Niehoff had two aces, 13 kills and 14 digs. Michaela Colestock had three aces and two digs. Morgan VanNatta added two aces and one dig.
The junior varsity Lady Lions cruised to a 25-22, 25-11 victory.
Rushville’s Tessa Hoeing served 16 straight points for a total of 22 on the night, including 10 aces.
The Lady Lions (5-16) traveled to Pendleton Heights Wednesday and lost in three sets 25-12, 25-10, 25-17.
Wainwright had one kill, one assist and three digs. Meece had eight digs and McKenzie Woolston had three digs. Yager added three kills, one block and one assist. Hastings finished with one ace, one kill, one block and two digs. Shelton had two kills. Springman added two kills, one block, 10 assists and five digs. Niehoff had four kills and seven digs.
The junior varsity Lady Lions knocked off Pendleton in three sets 25-15, 14-25, 15-14. The Lady Lions served 89 percent to go along with 16 kills, three blocks, 14 assists and 41 digs.
Contact: Aaron Kirchoff at 765-932-2222 ext. 114
Lady Lions fell sting of Yellow Jackets
- Turner plans to attend Franklin College Rushville Consolidated High School senior Zach Turner has one more season with the Lions before he will head to Franklin College in the fall. Turner is currently preparing for his senior season with the Lion track team. This fall, he will attend Fra
- Sports briefs BRMS girls basketball The BRMS seventh-grade girls Black played in the St. Louis Invitational in Batesville and defeated St. Louis 45-14 and St. Bartholomew 44-7. On the day, Betsy Muir scored two points. Madison Hinshaw had four points. Karley Yager
- Tigers eliminate Lions with 60-54 victory GREENSBURG - On the opening night of the boys basketball sectional, host Greensburg dominated South Dearborn 105-38 in the first game and Lawrenceburg held off the Lions 60-56 despite struggling in the fourth quarter at the charity stripe. Lawrencebu
- Sports Briefs RCHS events Today Basketball: Rushville vs Lawrenceburg at Greensburg Sectional, 7:30 p.m. BRMS girls basketball The BRMS Lady Cubs seventh-grade Red fell to Doe Creek 32-18. Olivia Vance tallied eight points, six rebounds and one steal. Breanna Carp
- Lions down Chargers on Senior Night On a night of celebration for Rushville as the school honored seniors from the basketball team, band and cheerleaders, the Lions capped the evening with a victory over North Decatur 77-54. With the win, the Lions end the regular season 10-9 while the
- Tourney time on the hardwood For five teams in the Class 3A Sectional 29 at Greensburg, the road to a sectional title appears, on paper, to be a rough ride. The Pirates are the host, the defending Class 3A state champs and the No. 1 ranked team in Class 3A. Greensburg is the tea
- State champion crowned in Elks Hoop Shoot Cameron Jackman, of Milroy, (10-11 year old boys group) was a second place finisher in the third round of competition in the Elks "Hoop Shoot" free throw contest Saturday at New Castle. Cameron was sponsored by the Rushville Elks Lodge #1307. The "E
- Free beginner turkey hunting workshops Registration is open for a DNR workshop series in March at two locations designed to teach newcomers self-reliance and how to hunt wild turkey. "Hunt, Fish, Eat: Wild Turkey" is part of the ongoing "Hunt, Fish, Eat" program run by the DNR Division of
- Lions rally in fourth to sting Jackets The Yellow Jackets of Morristown invaded Memorial Gym Monday and led the Lions at two quarter breaks. Neither was the fourth quarter as the Lions poured in 31 points in the fourth quarter to rally past the Jackets 73-65. The Lions improve to 8-9 on t
- Sports Briefs RCHS events Today Boys basketball: North Decatur at Rushville, 6 p.m. (JV) BRMS girls basketball The BRMS seventh-grade girls Red fell 29-23 to St. Michael in the four-team tourney at Connersville. The squad rebounded to knock off Connersville in the
- More Sports Headlines