• Lightweight, light colored, loose clothing
• Well ventilated areas
• Frequent fluids (water mainly)
• Don’t drink liquids that contain caffeine or large amounts of sugar---these actually cause you to lose more body fluid.
• Avoid very cold drinks because they can cause stomach cramps.
• If outside, cautious physical activity (most schools recess is 20 minutes or less).
• Avoid heavy meals.
And finally, ENJOY these last few days of summer. Before we know it, snow shovels will find their way to your front porch!
Marianne Scott is the Legacy Fund director/Information officer with Rush County Schools.