Raleigh School graduated high school students for the last time in 1955 when students scattered to other area schools to complete graduation requirements necessary for a high school diploma. Raleigh had eight grades until 1965 when the last eighth graders completed their junior high years. In the fall of 1968 students who had attended Raleigh began their school year as Mays Tigers and Raleigh School was no longer. The school building and its acreage were sold to the Hill family in 1970. The softball field has become a cornfield and most of the school, gym, and bus barns no longer stand. The only portion of the school still standing is the area that used to house the principal’s office and part of the front door with the words “Washington TP. Public Schools” posted at the top of the opening where the front doors had once welcomed eager school students each day.
Even though the school is nonexistent at this time, there are numerous former Raleigh School students who have fond memories of their school days. The Raleigh School Reunion to be held Saturday July 27, 2013 will provide the opportunity to make new memories and meet new friends.
For questions or to RSVP please contact Shirley Biehl at 765-645-5410 or email@example.com.