The Knightstown Alpha Zeta Chapter of Tri Kappa will once again award scholarships to seniors in the Knightstown Senior High School graduating class of 2014.
Scholarship applications can be obtained through the guidance office or on the high school’s web site. The application process is open to both males and females.
Please be advised that the following information is required in addition to the regular application form:
1. Transcripts for the first seven semesters of attendance, information on leadership roles and awards, elected offices, and number of hours per community service projects.
2. Work experience should include a detailed work history stating length of employment and hours worked.
3. A 200-word typed, doubled space essay by the applicant including a career objective, reason for attending the chosen school, and short and long term goals is required.
4. Two original letters of recommendation written by non-family members. A community member and school staff member would be preferred.
5. Include any information on other siblings attending college, which institutions have accepted you, how much money is currently saved for college, and, if you choose, a brief explanation of any extenuating financial circumstances.
Completed applications and required information must be turned in to the Knightstown High School guidance office by Wednesday, April 16, 2014. Any questions should be directed to the Scholarship Chairman of Tri Kappa Sorority, Lois Brooks at 345-5019.