Big Flatrock Christian Church
Big Flatrock Christian Church invites everyone to their annual Gospel Sing at 7 p.m. Nov. 3. Special guests include the Outreach Praise Band and the Waldron Methodist Praise Band. The church is located one mile east of Gowdy in southwestern Rush County. Call Larry Adkins at 765-932-5229 for directions or more information.
Faith Baptist Church - Morristown
Sunday school at 9:30 a.m., morning worship at 10:30 a.m., food and fellowship at noon and afternoon worship service at 12:45 p.m. at which time the quarterly business meeting will be held to elect two new deacons.
Events for this week include:
Every Monday through December - Good News Club at New Palestine Elementary immediately after school.
Every Wednesday through December, the church also sponsors the Good News Club at Morristown Elementary. Contact the school office or the church for more information (765) 763-7657.
Oct. 27 - Work day at the church from 9 a.m. to noon.
The church food pantry is collecting non-perishable items for families in need during the holiday season. Contributions can be left in the box in the church office. Gleaner’s Food Bank will distribute food to needy families in the parking lot of the Morristown Christian Church from 1 to 3 p.m. Oct. 30. Helpers are needed to unload and sort the food items from the truck.
The ladies of the church are invited to a Pampered Chef party at Jane Smith’s home at 11 a.m. Nov. 3 at 11 a.m. Silent orders will also be taken for those unable to attend. Contact Jane for a catalog and order blank if you are interested in ordering. The hostess gift from this party will be donated to the church kitchen.
Online sermons are available on the church website at www.fbcmorristown.org.
First Church of God
The First Church of God in Rushville will be hosting a couple of special events this month.
Saturday, Oct. 27, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., the church will be having a Fall Craft Fair in its gymnasium. Several vendors will be selling handmade crafts, jewelry, holiday gifts, candles, baked goods and much more. There will also be a concession stand available for all patrons. Booth Space is still available; call 932-5139 for more information.
Wednesday, Oct. 31, from 6 to 8 p.m., the church will be having its annual Trunk or Treat for the children of the community. There will be plenty of treats, games and prizes for all the kids plus popcorn and drinks for all that attend. This is a free event and all are invited.
Heritage Bible Church
Heritage Bible Church in Greensburg invites you to an Inspirational Weekend at 7 p.m. Oct. 26 and 27 and at 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Oct. 28 featuring special music and ministry by the Adam Buckler Family of Olive Hill, Ky.
Adam Buckler has held life-changing revivals in Pakistan and Africa. For more information contact Pastor Jerry Bell at (812)917-9035 or (317)840-3067.
Ray’s Crossing Christian Union Church
Ray’s Crossing Christian Union Church will be offering Trunker Treating from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 27. This is a public event, all are welcome. Members of the community and church will be decorating the back ends of their vehicles and passing out treats in the parking lot. Inside we will offer a free meal to those who come out along with a few family games! Join the fun by decorating your trunk if you live out in the country and no longer get treaters at your door, but love to see their costume creativity!
Ray’s Crossing Christian Union Church Men’s Fellowship group will be having a free-will offering breakfast from 7 to 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 10. Proceeds from this breakfast will help send Christmas presents to deployed soldiers from our congregation or who have family in our congregation. The menu will be biscuit and sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage patties, hash browns, milk, chocolate milk, orange juice and coffee.
St. John’s Enochsburg
St. John’s Enochsburg annual turkey dinner will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 28. The cost is $9 for adult dinners and $4 for children. Come enjoy raffles, the Turtle Soup sale and great food.
St. Paul’s United Methodist Church
All senior high youth are invited to the Rush County Youth Rally at 3 p.m. Nov. 3 at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church. The rally will include music, presenters, worship and summer. The presenters include Faith Mock - Team Jesus; Kelly Kennedy - Money Matters; Mike Ooley - Texting; and Chip West - Being Mission Minded.
Music will be provided by Awakened. Supper will be provided. Youth are asked to bring a canned food donation for the Rush County Assistance. Come join the rally.
Editor’s note: Area churches are encouraged to share non-recurring information with the Rushville Republican for use in Church Briefs, which publishes every Friday. Just send your news to us at email@example.com or at Rushville Republican, 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
Big Flatrock Christian Church
- Angel, the Church Mouse Hi, all you kind folks in Readership Land. In my scrampin' about, at night, I've come across " oodles and oodles" of Christmas Cards of years past and present. There were; bows and bells, Bibles and candles, churches and houses, trees and stars, ange
- Shalom, a vision of how life could be "On earth peace, goodwill toward men," sang the angels on the first Christmas morning. The Hebrew word for peace is shalom. In Judaism shalom is a living concept, not a word; a vision for how life could be, should be, and the life God is pulling his
- All means All (Second Week of Advent) "We three kings of Orient are." So begins a favorite carol of the Advent season about the "Wise Men" who visit the newborn Jesus. And so begins a tale that takes inaccuracy and historical revisionism to a whole new level. Reverend John Henry Hopkins,
- church briefs First Baptist Church Sometimes life seems to just drag on and on. One day leads to the next, every day seems the same and there is nothing to which you can look forward. But, it doesn't have to be that way. The good news is that something is coming t
- AU School of Theology receives $248,000 Lilly Endowment grant The Anderson University School of Theology has received a grant of $248,772 as part of Indianapolis-based Lilly Endowment Inc.'s Theological School Initiative to Address Economic Issues Facing Future Ministers. It is one of 67 theological schools acr
- Never left hanging(First week of Advent) There is a story told a hundred different ways but with the same punch line; it is about a man who falls off a cliff. He slips over the edge, careening and banging downward. Then, as if by miracle, his pants snag for just a millisecond on the skinnie
- church briefs Rushville Church of Christ Rushville Church of Christ, 627 W 11th Street, Rushville, invites all to attend a special journey to first century Bethlehem from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. nightly Dec. 13 and14. Come experience a live and interactive outdoor nati
- Moving words from youngins' voices Hi, all you kind folks in Readership Land. Fall is upon us and winter is trying to rush in. Mercy! Time for cocoa and "marshmellowers" that get stuck in "me toothers!" Yummies in "me tummies." In my scrampin' about one evening, I came across youngin'
- Church Briefs Faith Baptist Church - Morristown Dr. Wayne Scott, pastor Faith Baptist Church is holding revival services beginning at 10:30 a.m. Sunday and continuing Sunday evening through 7 p.m. Wednesday nightly. Evangelist Morris Gleiser will be preaching, whi
- Keeping the Faith: 'Blessed Be the Name!' Elmore's Department Store was one of the three more enjoyable places for a young child to visit in my small, Southern, home town. There was the Super D Five-and-Dime which had the best popcorn and hotdog stand for a hundred miles; Western Auto with i
- More Church Headlines