Big Flatrock Christian Church
Big Flatrock Christian Church invites everyone to their annual Gospel Sing at 7 p.m. Nov. 3. Special guests include the Outreach Praise Band and the Waldron Methodist Praise Band. The church is located one mile east of Gowdy in southwestern Rush County. Call Larry Adkins at 765-932-5229 for directions or more information.
Faith Baptist Church - Morristown
Sunday school at 9:30 a.m., morning worship at 10:30 a.m., food and fellowship at noon and afternoon worship service at 12:45 p.m. at which time the quarterly business meeting will be held to elect two new deacons.
Events for this week include:
Every Monday through December - Good News Club at New Palestine Elementary immediately after school.
Every Wednesday through December, the church also sponsors the Good News Club at Morristown Elementary. Contact the school office or the church for more information (765) 763-7657.
Oct. 27 - Work day at the church from 9 a.m. to noon.
The church food pantry is collecting non-perishable items for families in need during the holiday season. Contributions can be left in the box in the church office. Gleaner’s Food Bank will distribute food to needy families in the parking lot of the Morristown Christian Church from 1 to 3 p.m. Oct. 30. Helpers are needed to unload and sort the food items from the truck.
The ladies of the church are invited to a Pampered Chef party at Jane Smith’s home at 11 a.m. Nov. 3 at 11 a.m. Silent orders will also be taken for those unable to attend. Contact Jane for a catalog and order blank if you are interested in ordering. The hostess gift from this party will be donated to the church kitchen.
Online sermons are available on the church website at www.fbcmorristown.org.
First Church of God
The First Church of God in Rushville will be hosting a couple of special events this month.
Saturday, Oct. 27, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., the church will be having a Fall Craft Fair in its gymnasium. Several vendors will be selling handmade crafts, jewelry, holiday gifts, candles, baked goods and much more. There will also be a concession stand available for all patrons. Booth Space is still available; call 932-5139 for more information.
Wednesday, Oct. 31, from 6 to 8 p.m., the church will be having its annual Trunk or Treat for the children of the community. There will be plenty of treats, games and prizes for all the kids plus popcorn and drinks for all that attend. This is a free event and all are invited.
Heritage Bible Church
Heritage Bible Church in Greensburg invites you to an Inspirational Weekend at 7 p.m. Oct. 26 and 27 and at 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Oct. 28 featuring special music and ministry by the Adam Buckler Family of Olive Hill, Ky.
Adam Buckler has held life-changing revivals in Pakistan and Africa. For more information contact Pastor Jerry Bell at (812)917-9035 or (317)840-3067.
Ray’s Crossing Christian Union Church
Ray’s Crossing Christian Union Church will be offering Trunker Treating from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 27. This is a public event, all are welcome. Members of the community and church will be decorating the back ends of their vehicles and passing out treats in the parking lot. Inside we will offer a free meal to those who come out along with a few family games! Join the fun by decorating your trunk if you live out in the country and no longer get treaters at your door, but love to see their costume creativity!
Ray’s Crossing Christian Union Church Men’s Fellowship group will be having a free-will offering breakfast from 7 to 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 10. Proceeds from this breakfast will help send Christmas presents to deployed soldiers from our congregation or who have family in our congregation. The menu will be biscuit and sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage patties, hash browns, milk, chocolate milk, orange juice and coffee.
St. John’s Enochsburg
St. John’s Enochsburg annual turkey dinner will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 28. The cost is $9 for adult dinners and $4 for children. Come enjoy raffles, the Turtle Soup sale and great food.
St. Paul’s United Methodist Church
All senior high youth are invited to the Rush County Youth Rally at 3 p.m. Nov. 3 at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church. The rally will include music, presenters, worship and summer. The presenters include Faith Mock - Team Jesus; Kelly Kennedy - Money Matters; Mike Ooley - Texting; and Chip West - Being Mission Minded.
Music will be provided by Awakened. Supper will be provided. Youth are asked to bring a canned food donation for the Rush County Assistance. Come join the rally.
Editor’s note: Area churches are encouraged to share non-recurring information with the Rushville Republican for use in Church Briefs, which publishes every Friday. Just send your news to us at email@example.com or at Rushville Republican, 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
Big Flatrock Christian Church
- Church ain't what it used to be In the news recently was the snake handling church in Kentucky. These people believe that you can pick up a poisonous snake and if it bites you, it will not kill you. I know the Scripture they use for that, but I am not sure they understand what that
- Keeping the Faith: Break the Kettles One of the more indispensable words of instruction I have ever received came from Dr. Fred Luskin who was head of the Stanford University Forgiveness Project. He said, "To forgive is to give up all hope for a better past." According to Luskin, what k
- Church News Milroy United Methodist Church Milroy United Methodist Church will host a Chili Cook-off from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday, March 16. Four different types of chili will be available with "all the fixins." A free will offering will be accepted and there wil
- Keeping the Faith: Learning to trust "God has given me little that I might learn to trust Him more." Those are the words of Marta Torres. Marta is not a pious, Latina saint from yesteryear. She is an impoverished, middle-aged mother of two from El Salvador. Yet, if holiness is measured
- News briefs Rick Warren acts on mental health in son's death LAKE FOREST, Calif. (AP) - A year after his son's suicide, pastor Rick Warren is taking on a new mental health ministry inspired by his personal tragedy. Warren, founder of Saddleback Church and a bes
- Church Briefs First Baptist Church - Pastor Jay Noll It was one those days. I turned my steering wheel to the left, but the car kept going straight! The roads were slick and driving was precarious. When the vehicle hit the curb, I heard a loud "thud!", and I thoug
- Me Tarzan, you Insane! Has there ever been a time when there was more chest pounding than today? It is a rare day in May when I get to the point of absolute frustration. These chest pounders do it for me all the time. I will admit that I do get aggravated at a few things a
- Church briefs First Baptist Church "Wow!" I thought to myself as I stood at the base of the mountain. It was so big and daunting! I knew it was going to be a long climb, that there would be narrow pathways along cliff edges and that the weather could change on the
- All that once was good "Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- A change is gonna come My doctor has a deft machine called a "Human Body Composition Analyzer." It is a technological wonder whereby the patient stands on special foot plates while taking in each hand what is essentially a digital ski pole. In these plates and poles are co
- More Church Headlines