Hi, all you kind folks in Readership Land,
Mercy! Here it is May. What a busy, busy month. Take time out for a cup of tea/coffee and cookies (Yes!)
In my scrampin’ about I came across a yellowed piece of paper and on reading it thought--”Mother’s Day”--Grocery List--Perfect.
Shop in Heaven’s Grocery Store
I was walking down life’s highway a long time ago.
One day I saw a sign that read Heaven’s Grocery Store.
As I got a little closer, the door came open wide,
And when I came to myself, I was standing inside.
I saw a host of angels, they were standing everywhere.
And one angel said,” My child shop with care.”
Everything a Christian needed was in that grocery store.
And all you couldn’t carry you could come back the next day for more.
First, I got some patience, love was in the same row.
Further down was understanding, you need that everywhere you go.
I got a box or two of wisdom, a bag or two of faith.
I just couldn’t miss the Holy Ghost for it was all over the place.
I stopped to get some strength and courage to help me run the race.
By then my basket was getting full, but I remembered I needed some grace.
I didn’t forget salvation, for salvation that was free.
So, I tried to get enough of that to save you and me.
Then I started to the counter to pay my grocery bill.
For I thought I had everything to do my Master’s will.
As I went up the aisle, I saw prayer and just had to put that in.
For I knew when I stepped outside, I would run right into sin.
Peace and joy were plentiful, they were on the last shelf.
Song and praises were hanging near so I just helped myself.
Then, I said “Now how much do I owe?”
He just smiled and said, “Just take them everywhere you go.”
“How much do I really owe?”
He smiled and said, “My child, Jesus paid your bill a long time ago.”
“Her children rise up and call her blessed.” Proverbs 31: 28 NKJV
“Happy Mother’s Day”
Until the next time.
Blessings, Angel The Church Mouse
Hi, all you kind folks in Readership Land,
- Church ain't what it used to be In the news recently was the snake handling church in Kentucky. These people believe that you can pick up a poisonous snake and if it bites you, it will not kill you. I know the Scripture they use for that, but I am not sure they understand what that
- Keeping the Faith: Break the Kettles One of the more indispensable words of instruction I have ever received came from Dr. Fred Luskin who was head of the Stanford University Forgiveness Project. He said, "To forgive is to give up all hope for a better past." According to Luskin, what k
- Church News Milroy United Methodist Church Milroy United Methodist Church will host a Chili Cook-off from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday, March 16. Four different types of chili will be available with "all the fixins." A free will offering will be accepted and there wil
- Keeping the Faith: Learning to trust "God has given me little that I might learn to trust Him more." Those are the words of Marta Torres. Marta is not a pious, Latina saint from yesteryear. She is an impoverished, middle-aged mother of two from El Salvador. Yet, if holiness is measured
- News briefs Rick Warren acts on mental health in son's death LAKE FOREST, Calif. (AP) - A year after his son's suicide, pastor Rick Warren is taking on a new mental health ministry inspired by his personal tragedy. Warren, founder of Saddleback Church and a bes
- Church Briefs First Baptist Church - Pastor Jay Noll It was one those days. I turned my steering wheel to the left, but the car kept going straight! The roads were slick and driving was precarious. When the vehicle hit the curb, I heard a loud "thud!", and I thoug
- Me Tarzan, you Insane! Has there ever been a time when there was more chest pounding than today? It is a rare day in May when I get to the point of absolute frustration. These chest pounders do it for me all the time. I will admit that I do get aggravated at a few things a
- Church briefs First Baptist Church "Wow!" I thought to myself as I stood at the base of the mountain. It was so big and daunting! I knew it was going to be a long climb, that there would be narrow pathways along cliff edges and that the weather could change on the
- All that once was good "Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- A change is gonna come My doctor has a deft machine called a "Human Body Composition Analyzer." It is a technological wonder whereby the patient stands on special foot plates while taking in each hand what is essentially a digital ski pole. In these plates and poles are co
- More Church Headlines