The Rush County Commissioners recently approved a request for a non-denominational prayer meeting at 7:15 a.m. Tuesdays in the Commissioners Room on the first floor of the Rush County Courthouse.
The impromptu gathering will last approximately 45 minutes, until 8 a.m. No prayer meeting will be held Dec. 25 or Jan. 1.
The gathering is to be held weekly on a trial basis for three months. It is open to the general public.
The Gathering is a community outreach open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Fridays and 7 a.m. to noon Saturdays. The Gathering offers freshly ground coffee, muffins and fruit. ReNEW is a clothing store and outreach offering clean, gently used clothing. Stop in, have a cup of coffee, shop and meet us soon.
For more information, contact Greg Hartwell at 765-561-1134.
Faith Baptist Church - Morristown
Sunday, Jan. 6, at 9:30 a.m., Sunday school will be studying “The book of Job” by Dr. Wayne Scott. The morning worship service will be held at 10:30 a.m. The Advent Angels will meet in the pastor’s office immediately following the morning worship service to draw names for the 2013 secret prayer partners. There will be a pitch-in lunch followed by the quarterly business meeting at 12:45 p.m. Online sermons are available at the church website: www.fbcmorristown.org.
Plum Creek Christian Church
The most important gift; At PCCC it is our hope that after the presents were opened and the excitement subsided that you and your family took time to give thanks to God for His blessings. As a church the most important thing we celebrate at Christmas is the birth of Christ. While presents may bring temporary happiness, the gift of Jesus Christ is forever. Our time on this earth is as temporary as the presents opened on Christmas day, but because of Jesus we can look forward to spending eternity in Heaven. We only have to believe Jesus is our Savior, ask him to forgive our sins, and surrender our lives to Him. Because of Jesus Christ we can live with hope! If you don’t already have a church to call your own who can support you through life’s struggles we invite you to check us out next Sunday. We are a growing church who is focused on spiritual growth more than numerical growth. It is our sincere desire if you have let another Christmas go by without accepting the free gift of salvation that you do not wait another day. Visit with us and learn more about Jesus. May God Bless and keep you through this next year.
Center Christian Church Cookbooks are on sale for $5 at Mays Park Restaurant, Rushville Pharmacy or by calling Rosemary Noah at 765-993-0780. The cookbooks make great holiday gifts. There are 232 pages of tried and true recipes with beautiful hardback covers.
Editor’s note: Area churches are encouraged to share non-recurring information with the Rushville Republican for use in Church Briefs, which publishes every Friday. Just send your news to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Rushville Republican, 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
- Church ain't what it used to be In the news recently was the snake handling church in Kentucky. These people believe that you can pick up a poisonous snake and if it bites you, it will not kill you. I know the Scripture they use for that, but I am not sure they understand what that
- Keeping the Faith: Break the Kettles One of the more indispensable words of instruction I have ever received came from Dr. Fred Luskin who was head of the Stanford University Forgiveness Project. He said, "To forgive is to give up all hope for a better past." According to Luskin, what k
- Church News Milroy United Methodist Church Milroy United Methodist Church will host a Chili Cook-off from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday, March 16. Four different types of chili will be available with "all the fixins." A free will offering will be accepted and there wil
- Keeping the Faith: Learning to trust "God has given me little that I might learn to trust Him more." Those are the words of Marta Torres. Marta is not a pious, Latina saint from yesteryear. She is an impoverished, middle-aged mother of two from El Salvador. Yet, if holiness is measured
- News briefs Rick Warren acts on mental health in son's death LAKE FOREST, Calif. (AP) - A year after his son's suicide, pastor Rick Warren is taking on a new mental health ministry inspired by his personal tragedy. Warren, founder of Saddleback Church and a bes
- Church Briefs First Baptist Church - Pastor Jay Noll It was one those days. I turned my steering wheel to the left, but the car kept going straight! The roads were slick and driving was precarious. When the vehicle hit the curb, I heard a loud "thud!", and I thoug
- Me Tarzan, you Insane! Has there ever been a time when there was more chest pounding than today? It is a rare day in May when I get to the point of absolute frustration. These chest pounders do it for me all the time. I will admit that I do get aggravated at a few things a
- Church briefs First Baptist Church "Wow!" I thought to myself as I stood at the base of the mountain. It was so big and daunting! I knew it was going to be a long climb, that there would be narrow pathways along cliff edges and that the weather could change on the
- All that once was good "Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- A change is gonna come My doctor has a deft machine called a "Human Body Composition Analyzer." It is a technological wonder whereby the patient stands on special foot plates while taking in each hand what is essentially a digital ski pole. In these plates and poles are co
- More Church Headlines