Faith Baptist Church
Faith Baptist Church in Morristown is holding a special Sunday school series
called "The Seven Deadly Stresses," taught by Steve Smith. This week's
lesson will be on the topic of "Greed and the Immune System" which begins at
August 26 morning worship services will be held at 10:30 a.m., with a staff
meeting of the Good News Clubs for Morristown Elementary after the morning
service, followed by a pitch-in lunch at noon and the quarterly business
meeting at 12:45 p.m.
The Good News Clubs will start again at Morristown Elementary School on
Wednesday, Aug. 29 immediately after school. Sign up in the school office
or call Faith Baptist Church at (765) 763-7657 for more information.
Online sermons are available on the church's website at www.fbcmorristown.org
New Salem United Methodist Church
Fried chicken dinner with all the trimmings from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 26, sponsored by New Salem United Methodist Church at the New Salem Lions Building in New Salem on U.S. 52.
Second Annual Gospel Sing
The Rushville Parks Department will sponsor the Second Annual Gospel Sing beginning at 6 p.m. at Rushville Riverside Park Amphitheater. This year's Gospel Sing will honor the military, first responders and the medical field. Many local and regional singers and musicians will be featured. Bring picnic baskets, lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy an evening of Gospel Sing. Information: Rushville Park Department at 932-4146.
Editor's note: Area churches are encouraged to share non-recurring information with the Rushville Republican for use in Church Briefs, which publishes every Saturday.
Just send your news to us at email@example.com or at Rushville Republican, 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
Faith Baptist Church
- Church ain't what it used to be In the news recently was the snake handling church in Kentucky. These people believe that you can pick up a poisonous snake and if it bites you, it will not kill you. I know the Scripture they use for that, but I am not sure they understand what that
- Keeping the Faith: Break the Kettles One of the more indispensable words of instruction I have ever received came from Dr. Fred Luskin who was head of the Stanford University Forgiveness Project. He said, "To forgive is to give up all hope for a better past." According to Luskin, what k
- Church News Milroy United Methodist Church Milroy United Methodist Church will host a Chili Cook-off from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday, March 16. Four different types of chili will be available with "all the fixins." A free will offering will be accepted and there wil
- Keeping the Faith: Learning to trust "God has given me little that I might learn to trust Him more." Those are the words of Marta Torres. Marta is not a pious, Latina saint from yesteryear. She is an impoverished, middle-aged mother of two from El Salvador. Yet, if holiness is measured
- News briefs Rick Warren acts on mental health in son's death LAKE FOREST, Calif. (AP) - A year after his son's suicide, pastor Rick Warren is taking on a new mental health ministry inspired by his personal tragedy. Warren, founder of Saddleback Church and a bes
- Church Briefs First Baptist Church - Pastor Jay Noll It was one those days. I turned my steering wheel to the left, but the car kept going straight! The roads were slick and driving was precarious. When the vehicle hit the curb, I heard a loud "thud!", and I thoug
- Me Tarzan, you Insane! Has there ever been a time when there was more chest pounding than today? It is a rare day in May when I get to the point of absolute frustration. These chest pounders do it for me all the time. I will admit that I do get aggravated at a few things a
- Church briefs First Baptist Church "Wow!" I thought to myself as I stood at the base of the mountain. It was so big and daunting! I knew it was going to be a long climb, that there would be narrow pathways along cliff edges and that the weather could change on the
- All that once was good "Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- A change is gonna come My doctor has a deft machine called a "Human Body Composition Analyzer." It is a technological wonder whereby the patient stands on special foot plates while taking in each hand what is essentially a digital ski pole. In these plates and poles are co
- More Church Headlines