Plum Creek Christian Church
Even in the midst of severe persecution the Apostle Paul did not lose his joy. He knew that God would use his trials for good. While in prison Paul continued to write letters to encourage the believers. This letter is recorded as follows in Philippians 1:12-14.
"Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel. As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the Word of God more courageously and fearlessly." Ê
Paul continued to spread the good news of Jesus Christ even while chained to a guard. And his faith caused many to spread the word without fear. All of us as Christians have the opportunity daily to spread the joy and share the truth of Jesus. Visit with us this Sunday as we continue our series on Unstoppable Joy.
Faith Baptist Church
Faith Baptist Church in Morristown is holding a special Sunday school series called "The Seven Deadly Stresses," taught by Steve Smith. This week's lesson will be on the topic of "Bitterness and the Digestive System" which begins at 9:30 a.m.
Aug. 19 morning worship services will be held at 10:30 a.m., with a special offering being taken for the Creation Expo in Cincinnati, Ohio, followed by a pitch-in lunch at noon and the afternoon services at 1 p.m. at Morristown Manor Nursing Home.
Next Sunday, Aug. 26, will be the quarterly business meeting during the afternoon service and visitation will be held on at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 29.
The Good News Clubs will start again at Morristown Elementary School on Wednesday, Aug. 29, immediately after school. Sign up in the school office or call Faith Baptist Church at 765-763-7657 for more information.
Online sermons are available on the church's website at www.fbcmorristown.org
New Salem United Methodist Church
Fried chicken dinner with all the trimmings from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 26, sponsored by New Salem United Methodist Church at the New Salem Lions Building in New Salem on U.S. 52.
First Church of God
First Church of God in Rushville will have its annual Fish Fry from 4 to 7 p.m. Aug. 18 in the Church Fellowship Hall. The All you can eat fish fillet dinner will also include hush puppies, coleslaw, applesauce, bread and butter, dessert and drink (dine-in only). The cost is $8 for adults (13 and over), $5 for children 4yrs to 12 yrs and free for 3 and under. Carry outs are available. Call the church office for more information 765-932-5138.
Editor's note: Area churches are encouraged to share non-recurring information with the Rushville Republican for use in Church Briefs, which publishes every Saturday.
Just send your news to us at email@example.com or at Rushville Republican, 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
Plum Creek Christian Church
- Church ain't what it used to be In the news recently was the snake handling church in Kentucky. These people believe that you can pick up a poisonous snake and if it bites you, it will not kill you. I know the Scripture they use for that, but I am not sure they understand what that
- Keeping the Faith: Break the Kettles One of the more indispensable words of instruction I have ever received came from Dr. Fred Luskin who was head of the Stanford University Forgiveness Project. He said, "To forgive is to give up all hope for a better past." According to Luskin, what k
- Church News Milroy United Methodist Church Milroy United Methodist Church will host a Chili Cook-off from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday, March 16. Four different types of chili will be available with "all the fixins." A free will offering will be accepted and there wil
- Keeping the Faith: Learning to trust "God has given me little that I might learn to trust Him more." Those are the words of Marta Torres. Marta is not a pious, Latina saint from yesteryear. She is an impoverished, middle-aged mother of two from El Salvador. Yet, if holiness is measured
- News briefs Rick Warren acts on mental health in son's death LAKE FOREST, Calif. (AP) - A year after his son's suicide, pastor Rick Warren is taking on a new mental health ministry inspired by his personal tragedy. Warren, founder of Saddleback Church and a bes
- Church Briefs First Baptist Church - Pastor Jay Noll It was one those days. I turned my steering wheel to the left, but the car kept going straight! The roads were slick and driving was precarious. When the vehicle hit the curb, I heard a loud "thud!", and I thoug
- Me Tarzan, you Insane! Has there ever been a time when there was more chest pounding than today? It is a rare day in May when I get to the point of absolute frustration. These chest pounders do it for me all the time. I will admit that I do get aggravated at a few things a
- Church briefs First Baptist Church "Wow!" I thought to myself as I stood at the base of the mountain. It was so big and daunting! I knew it was going to be a long climb, that there would be narrow pathways along cliff edges and that the weather could change on the
- All that once was good "Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- A change is gonna come My doctor has a deft machine called a "Human Body Composition Analyzer." It is a technological wonder whereby the patient stands on special foot plates while taking in each hand what is essentially a digital ski pole. In these plates and poles are co
- More Church Headlines