Fetal Alcohol Syndrome awareness
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) continues to be the number one birth defect in the country. Children born with FAS experience growth deficiency, facial abnormalities and a dysfunctional central nervous system. The good news is that FAS is entirely preventable when a pregnant woman completely abstains from drinking alcohol beverages throughout her entire pregnancy.
The Knightstown Woman's Christian Temperance Union is calling everyone's attention to FAS by asking the following location to sound the alarm at 9:09 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 9., in Rushville by ringing their bell: Center Christian Church, Main Street Christian Church, St. Paul's United
Methodist, First Presbyterian, St. Mary's Church.
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome awareness
- Church Briefs First Baptist Church of Rushville“Children should be seen and not heard.” I’ve heard adults say that at times, especially in years gone by. I understand what they mean in some respects. “Children should not interrupt or be a distraction when importan
- Keeping the Faith: Hitting the Road Here we are, deep in the throes of the rituals of summer. School is out, vacation days are being cashed in, and picnic baskets are being packed. Barbecues are firing, pools are splashing, and ice cream trucks are rolling. Meanwhile, thousands, yea mi
- religion briefs Senate Democrats seek to reverse Hobby Lobby ruling WASHINGTON (AP) - The Senate is preparing to vote on a Democratic-sponsored bill aimed at ensuring that women receive free contraception coverage even if they work for a company that has a religious
- Let It Go, Let Go, Let It Go This year I celebrate my 20th year as a practicing grandfather. I am not sure that after 20 years I know anything more about being a grandfather than I did before. I have not found any books written on how to be a grandfather, maybe I should write on
- Just checking in today - Angel the Church Mouse Hi, all you kind folks in Readership Land.Mercy! July is fleeing. Bible School has been about in city and country. What a joy hearing little voices singing hymns and reciting Bible verses. Now, soon school bells will be ringing! Didn’t they just stop
- Keeping the Faith Decades ago, while speaking of an upcoming championship bout, Muhammad Ali constructed a poetic couplet of epic proportions. With glitzy words corresponding to his style both in and out of the ring, “The Greatest” claimed he would “Float like a butte
- Have a blessed day; now fire me if you dare! I must confess to a severe case of poverty. I never took a vow of poverty; it just seems to have worked out that way for me. I am so poor the church mice have packed their bags and moved on. If I knew where they moved to, I might join them.Being poor
- Coats: religious freedom remains under attack despite Hobby Lobby decision WASHINGTON, DC – Senator Dan Coats (R-Ind.) today spoke on the Senate floor regarding the Supreme Court’s ruling last week that the contraception coverage mandate imposed by the Affordable Care Act on family-owned companies like Hobby Lobby Stores an
- Church Brief Faith Baptist Church - MorristownDr. Wayne Scott, pastorWednesday, July 2 - Visitation teams will leave the church at 7 p.m.Sunday, July 6 - Sunday school at 9:30 a.m. with Guy Stricker teaching, worship service at 10:30 a.m. and quarterly business m
- In honor of the true Patriots Once again, we come to the time of year when we celebrate the Fourth of July in remembrance of all the wonderful things this country means to us. The celebration will include fireworks, parades and picnics when the hot dog will be king for a day. It
- More Church Headlines