Fetal Alcohol Syndrome awareness
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) continues to be the number one birth defect in the country. Children born with FAS experience growth deficiency, facial abnormalities and a dysfunctional central nervous system. The good news is that FAS is entirely preventable when a pregnant woman completely abstains from drinking alcohol beverages throughout her entire pregnancy.
The Knightstown Woman's Christian Temperance Union is calling everyone's attention to FAS by asking the following location to sound the alarm at 9:09 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 9., in Rushville by ringing their bell: Center Christian Church, Main Street Christian Church, St. Paul's United
Methodist, First Presbyterian, St. Mary's Church.
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome awareness
- Church Briefs Main Street Christian Church Main Street Christian Church celebrates the new life that Easter brings at both its 8:30 a.m. casual series and the 10:30 a.m. blended service. The message is "The Road Ends with Redemption." At the 10:30 a.m. service, th
- An empty tomb is not an empty promise "The Mystery of Al Capone's Vault" aired almost three decades ago this week, and at the time, it was the most watched syndicated television show in the history of the medium. The charismatic host of the show that evening kept viewers on the edge of t
- A pedicure that cured all my pet peeves Since I was a young person, I always had some pets around. Most of these have been dogs, hunting dogs in particular. And I loved my pets. In getting older, I discovered that having a pet dog around is a lot of work. More work than I care to do in lig
- The meaning of Easter from Angel the Church Mouse Hi, all you kind folks in Readership Land, This time of the year, many thoughts are on Easter and its meaning. May the following stories help. Children hunt and then eat their found treasures of plastic colored eggs filled with jelly beans and candy
- Church briefs Big Flatrock Christian Church Big Flatrock Christian Church invites everyone to the Easter services. Maundy Thursday service will be at 6 p.m. April 17 with a dinner following. Easter Sunrise Service will be at 7 a.m. April 20 with a pitch-in breakfa
- Why I am happy to pay my taxes and other mendacities Last week I was getting along just fine. Things were being accomplished and I was rather enjoying myself. Dutifully, I was checking off item after item on my "to-do-list." I love it when a plan comes together. However, at the top of my exuberance, th
- Keeping the Faith: Palm Sunday sufferings Palm Sunday, celebrated this weekend by the world's Christians, is customarily a day of joy. Directed toward the event known as "The Triumphal Entry," Palm Sunday marks the day that Jesus came riding into Jerusalem, just days before his death, welcom
- Church briefs Main Street Christian Church Main Street Christian Church continues their Lenten and Pre-Easter sermon series, The Road Through the Cross with this Sunday's message, "The Road Always Goes Through Failure" as we examines the disciple Peter's denial of
- Francis recalls John Paul II's death 9 years ago VATICAN CITY (AP) - Pope Francis on Wednesday hailed Pope John Paul II's legacy as he marked the ninth anniversary of the Polish-born pontiff's death. A crowd of tens of thousands of tourists and pilgrims, including some from Poland, applauded when F
- Where have all the men in white hats gone? When I was growing up you could always tell who the good men were by the white hats they wore. Bad men always wore black hats. That made it rather convenient for those of us who were watching so we knew who would be winning at the end. When you were
- More Church Headlines