Main Street Christian Church
This Saturday Main Street Christian Church will be a-buzz with activity. The public is invited to be a part of the Fourth Annual Fish Fry. The Fish Fry begins at 10 a.m. in the church’s basement dinning room and concludes at 7 p.m. Proceeds will support the repair and refurbishing of the church’s historic stained glass windows. Tickets are available at the door or at the church office, weekdays from 9 a.m. through 3:00 p.m.
Also on Saturday, a Flea Market will also be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the church’s parking lot. In case of rain the sale will be held in the downstairs Sunday school rooms at the church. Proceeds from the Flea Market will support the church’s Manna Mission. The Manna Mission is a hot free dinner that is held on the last Tuesday evening of the month at the church.
Sunday evening SNL for youth in grades seven through twelve, will meet from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the church. The public is invited attend all services and events.
Plum Creek Christian Church
All of us at PCCC want to take this opportunity to thank all those in our community who attended our outdoor service at the Amphitheater.
This year we wanted to say a big thank you to all who work in our school system. To everyone who visited this year we invite you to join us indoors this Sunday! We still have the same type of service in the country!
We also announced the arrival of our new Family Life Minister and his family. A warm welcome goes out to Zach and Jesci Korff and their son Torrin. We are pleased to let everyone know he will be ministering to all ages of children at our church. If you are looking for a church home where you can grow in the Word of God along with your children, we encourage you to check us out.
At PCCC we are striving to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We are doing our best to be like Jesus and welcome everyone. We are not concerned with your clothes or the car you drive. We are more interested in spreading the Truth of God’s Holy Word. He is the way, the truth and the life! If you would like more information on our church, feel free to call the office or look us up on the web at PlumCreekChristianChurch.org.
We see in Acts chapter 2 verse 1 God’s timing is always perfect. While the crowd was gathering to Jerusalem, God was getting ready to accomplish His plan for the church. Jews from many nations had gathered to celebrate the Passover Feast. It was then that God gave Peter, an ordinary unschooled fisherman the power to preach. And preach he did! In the power of the Holy Spirit this sermon touched the hearts of over 3000 people who had gathered in the city. After they were baptized, Acts 2:42 tells us what the first church looked like. They were devoted to learning the teaching of Jesus from the disciples who followed him. The believers stayed in fellowship with like-minded people. They were dedicated to the breaking of bread, and last but not least, they prayed together.
Why is it we should be devoted to these things? God knew we would need to remain loyal when Satan comes calling. The devil even tried to tempt Jesus. How much more will he try to come after us. To stay strong we need to know the Word of God better than our own name! Yes, it is true you can be close to God in a deer stand or anywhere else you choose. But, the Bible says we are not to give up meeting together. Why? Like the geese who fly in a V pattern to achieve the most of their flying team, we too, need one another. If one goose starts to go down, two more fly down with him to keep him safe from any danger. That is what true fellowship is all about.
Two are better than one. If one falls down the other can help him up. Good advice? Of course, it is taken straight from our owners manual- the Bible. Are you in need of a spiritual tune-up? Look to the Word of God for all the knowledge you will ever need.
The community is invited to join The Gathering from 4 to 6 p.m. Oct. 7 at Memorial Park for pumpkin painting, games and free food for the family. The evening will include great games and free hotdogs, chips and a drink. Everyone is welcome to enjoy this event that is fun for the family.
First Christian Assembly of God
First Christian Assembly of God, will host a Free Food Day Saturday, Sept. 29, with hotdogs, chips and pop for the community starting at noon. Join them for food and fellowship.
Faith Baptist Church – Morristown
Faith Baptist Church in Morristown in holding a special Sunday school series called “Tragedy and Triumph: The Life of Job” at 9:30 a.m. taught by Dr. Wayne Scott, followed by the morning worship service at 10:30 a.m. and a pitch-in lunch at noon. The afternoon worship service is at 12:45 p.m.
Events for this week include:
Every Monday through December – Good News Club at New Palestine Elementary immediately after school.
Every Wednesday through December, the church also sponsors the Good News Club at Morristown Elementary. Contact the school office or the church for more information 765-763-7657.
Oct. 21 – The Fall Bonfire will take place at 1:30 p.m. at Robert and Mary Rodebeck’s farm in Greenfield. The afternoon preaching service will be around the campfire, as well as games, activities, corn hole contest and a hay ride. Each family should bring lawn chairs and a side dish. The church will provide dinnerware, hot dogs and buns.
The church food pantry is collecting non-perishable items for families in need during the holiday season. Contributions can be left in the box in the church office.
Online sermons can be heard on the church website at www.fbcmorristown.org.
Editor’s note: Area churches are encouraged to share non-recurring information with the Rushville Republican for use in Church Briefs, which publishes every Saturday. Just send your news to us at email@example.com or at Rushville Republican, 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
Main Street Christian Church
- Keeping the Faith: Learning to trust "God has given me little that I might learn to trust Him more." Those are the words of Marta Torres. Marta is not a pious, Latina saint from yesteryear. She is an impoverished, middle-aged mother of two from El Salvador. Yet, if holiness is measured
- News briefs Rick Warren acts on mental health in son's death LAKE FOREST, Calif. (AP) - A year after his son's suicide, pastor Rick Warren is taking on a new mental health ministry inspired by his personal tragedy. Warren, founder of Saddleback Church and a bes
- Church Briefs First Baptist Church - Pastor Jay Noll It was one those days. I turned my steering wheel to the left, but the car kept going straight! The roads were slick and driving was precarious. When the vehicle hit the curb, I heard a loud "thud!", and I thoug
- Me Tarzan, you Insane! Has there ever been a time when there was more chest pounding than today? It is a rare day in May when I get to the point of absolute frustration. These chest pounders do it for me all the time. I will admit that I do get aggravated at a few things a
- Church briefs First Baptist Church "Wow!" I thought to myself as I stood at the base of the mountain. It was so big and daunting! I knew it was going to be a long climb, that there would be narrow pathways along cliff edges and that the weather could change on the
- All that once was good "Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- A change is gonna come My doctor has a deft machine called a "Human Body Composition Analyzer." It is a technological wonder whereby the patient stands on special foot plates while taking in each hand what is essentially a digital ski pole. In these plates and poles are co
- Church Briefs Main Street Christian Church Main Street Christian Church continues their four week sermon series this Sunday on "How to Follow Jesus as Lord" with their Week 2 sermon entitled "Of Course I Know Who You Are. Do You Know Me?" The sermon series is a pa
- Angel the Church Mouse: Happy Valentine's Day Hi, all you kind folks in Readership Land, In my scrampin' about I came across what I shared with you last year and feel it is the right one to share again with you and for you to share with others. This is the greatest Valentine of all. I trust all
- Keeping the Faith: More than words With Valentine's Day upon us, you might be looking for a story of true love, a love that lasts longer than a couple's first argument; or at least lasts beyond the few weeks of a much-hyped reality show about bachelors and bachelorettes. Well, I've go
- More Church Headlines