Hi, All you kind folks in Readership Land.
Mercy! Music continues in Rush County. The talent remains in various places and sometimes surprises you.
Do not forget to entertain strangers for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.
Hebrews 13:2 NKJV Or, a little church mouse.
Folks, Lately I've seen l-i-o-n-s! Shiver me whiskers, ooohhh.
Back in the spring, I heard a song, "Circle of Life," at the RCHS Pops Concert (Those young people are Grrr-reat.) Now, we know that song was in a movie about..lions.
Then, this past hot, hot summer, the cast of Brier Patch spoke of lions among laughter and running around on stage. Mercy! Those youngins’ are talented, I might add, made you forget that it was so hot outside.
My next toe tapping was at a folk music presentation by a nice feller who lives right here in Rush County! There was one instrument I liked, it was called a psaltery. This string instrument is mentioned in Daniel 3:10. He didn’t mentioned lions that are found in Daniel 6:16-22 when Daniel is in the lion’s den. I’m glad of that.
Now, my last toe tapping, was a repeat of last year and the ladies I’m talking about live right here in Rush County as well. They are,”One Voice.” You are blessed when hearing these ladies lift their voices as
Oh, those lions I’ve seen....They don’t move, they just sit there. GOOD. WHEW! My whiskers can be still for now.
Until the next time.
Angel The Church Mouse
Hi, All you kind folks in Readership Land.
- Things I have learned in my lifetime In celebrating my recent birthday, I found myself caught up in a case of nostalgia. I never imagined I would really get this old. Not that I am old, mind you, but I have reached the point in life I never thought I would when I was younger. Had I know
- What a wonderful world This coming week marks the birthday of a man who Bing Crosby called, “the beginning and the end of music in America.” Born in the sweltering heat of a New Orleans’ August, the grandson of former slaves, and suffering abject poverty, that man was Loui
- Church Briefs First Southern Baptist ChurchFirst Southern Baptist Church will host a REVIVAL in South Memorial Park at 7 p.m. Friday, 7 p.m. Saturday and 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Bro. Kevin Cain will be preaching at each meeting with The Highlights providing ministry in
- Let go…or be dragged A friend who has some experience with rodeo horses sent me a most picturesque proverb: “Let go or be dragged.” Whether this phrase was first spoken by a Zen master who had achieved enlightenment on the mountainside, or by a battered cowboy nursing hi
- A year older, but not that much smarter I think I am in a rut. No matter how hard I work, I do not seem to be getting any further along in life. Could it be that somewhere in my past, I peaked and did not realize it? If so, I wish I knew about it so at least I could have the consolation th
- church briefs Faith Baptist Church - Morristown Dr. Wayne Scott, pastorSunday, July 27 - Sunday school at 9:30 a.m., worship service at 10:30 a.m., followed by a pitch-in lunch at noon and an afternoon service at 2 p.m. with a baptismal service at Hancock Reform B
- Church Briefs First Baptist Church of Rushville“Children should be seen and not heard.” I’ve heard adults say that at times, especially in years gone by. I understand what they mean in some respects. “Children should not interrupt or be a distraction when importan
- Keeping the Faith: Hitting the Road Here we are, deep in the throes of the rituals of summer. School is out, vacation days are being cashed in, and picnic baskets are being packed. Barbecues are firing, pools are splashing, and ice cream trucks are rolling. Meanwhile, thousands, yea mi
- religion briefs Senate Democrats seek to reverse Hobby Lobby ruling WASHINGTON (AP) - The Senate is preparing to vote on a Democratic-sponsored bill aimed at ensuring that women receive free contraception coverage even if they work for a company that has a religious
- Let It Go, Let Go, Let It Go This year I celebrate my 20th year as a practicing grandfather. I am not sure that after 20 years I know anything more about being a grandfather than I did before. I have not found any books written on how to be a grandfather, maybe I should write on
- More Church Headlines