Hi, All you kind folks in Readership Land.
Mercy! Music continues in Rush County. The talent remains in various places and sometimes surprises you.
Do not forget to entertain strangers for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.
Hebrews 13:2 NKJV Or, a little church mouse.
Folks, Lately I've seen l-i-o-n-s! Shiver me whiskers, ooohhh.
Back in the spring, I heard a song, "Circle of Life," at the RCHS Pops Concert (Those young people are Grrr-reat.) Now, we know that song was in a movie about..lions.
Then, this past hot, hot summer, the cast of Brier Patch spoke of lions among laughter and running around on stage. Mercy! Those youngins’ are talented, I might add, made you forget that it was so hot outside.
My next toe tapping was at a folk music presentation by a nice feller who lives right here in Rush County! There was one instrument I liked, it was called a psaltery. This string instrument is mentioned in Daniel 3:10. He didn’t mentioned lions that are found in Daniel 6:16-22 when Daniel is in the lion’s den. I’m glad of that.
Now, my last toe tapping, was a repeat of last year and the ladies I’m talking about live right here in Rush County as well. They are,”One Voice.” You are blessed when hearing these ladies lift their voices as
Oh, those lions I’ve seen....They don’t move, they just sit there. GOOD. WHEW! My whiskers can be still for now.
Until the next time.
Angel The Church Mouse
Hi, All you kind folks in Readership Land.
- Church ain't what it used to be In the news recently was the snake handling church in Kentucky. These people believe that you can pick up a poisonous snake and if it bites you, it will not kill you. I know the Scripture they use for that, but I am not sure they understand what that
- Keeping the Faith: Break the Kettles One of the more indispensable words of instruction I have ever received came from Dr. Fred Luskin who was head of the Stanford University Forgiveness Project. He said, "To forgive is to give up all hope for a better past." According to Luskin, what k
- Church News Milroy United Methodist Church Milroy United Methodist Church will host a Chili Cook-off from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday, March 16. Four different types of chili will be available with "all the fixins." A free will offering will be accepted and there wil
- Keeping the Faith: Learning to trust "God has given me little that I might learn to trust Him more." Those are the words of Marta Torres. Marta is not a pious, Latina saint from yesteryear. She is an impoverished, middle-aged mother of two from El Salvador. Yet, if holiness is measured
- News briefs Rick Warren acts on mental health in son's death LAKE FOREST, Calif. (AP) - A year after his son's suicide, pastor Rick Warren is taking on a new mental health ministry inspired by his personal tragedy. Warren, founder of Saddleback Church and a bes
- Church Briefs First Baptist Church - Pastor Jay Noll It was one those days. I turned my steering wheel to the left, but the car kept going straight! The roads were slick and driving was precarious. When the vehicle hit the curb, I heard a loud "thud!", and I thoug
- Me Tarzan, you Insane! Has there ever been a time when there was more chest pounding than today? It is a rare day in May when I get to the point of absolute frustration. These chest pounders do it for me all the time. I will admit that I do get aggravated at a few things a
- Church briefs First Baptist Church "Wow!" I thought to myself as I stood at the base of the mountain. It was so big and daunting! I knew it was going to be a long climb, that there would be narrow pathways along cliff edges and that the weather could change on the
- All that once was good "Pitchers and Catchers report!" It's as sure a sign of the coming spring as erupting dandelions and fledgling fruit blooms. And as inhumane as this winter has been - as brutal as it remains in many locales - spring could not get here quickly enough,
- A change is gonna come My doctor has a deft machine called a "Human Body Composition Analyzer." It is a technological wonder whereby the patient stands on special foot plates while taking in each hand what is essentially a digital ski pole. In these plates and poles are co
- More Church Headlines