Brenda Conover, 59
Alan King, 80
Joseph Nash, 71
Melissa Reed, 49
Emogene Richards, 93
Gloria Smith, 88
The Rushville Republican thanks the following persons for their subscription to and support of this newspaper:
Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to email@example.com or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Milroy United Methodist Church will hold their Semi-Annual Rummage Sale from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 6, and from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Sept. 7 at the church, 114 N. Pleasant Street, Milroy. Brand names will be priced separately. Saturday fill a sack for $2.
• Community Bingo at Miller’s Merry Manor on the first Friday of each month at 2 p.m. Free and open to the public! Join us for an hour of fun and a chance to win prizes! Please call 765-932-4127 with any questions.
• Third Annual Gospel Sing begins at 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7 at Rushville Riverside Park Amphitheater. Come early, bring a picnic dinner, lawn chairs and blankets. This Ecumenical service is a non-denominational program with local performers from the area. The Gospel Sing is free and the public is invited and encouraged to attend this uplifting event.
• First Annual Walk for Alzheimer’s in Knightstown at 9 a.m. in conjunction with the Knightstown Hoosier Fall Festival on National Road Heritage Trail off of 40 just east of Knightstown. For directions go to www.hchcin.org/nrhtr.html. Entry fee $15. Mail name, address and phone with s-xxl t-shirt size and entry fee to Alzheimer’s Walk, P.O. Box 146, Knightstown, IN 46148. All proceeds benefit The Alzheimer’s Association of Indiana. Contact: 800-340-7231. Sponsorships available.
• Texas Hold ‘Em Tournament, 1 p.m., Rushville Elks #1307. Cost is $20. Open to the public. Register by calling 938-1307 or at the door prior to the event.
• Moontree music fest featuring bands from the tri-state area, wine and beer tasting, food, flea market, arts and crafts booths, at High Point Orchard, 3321 N. Old Hwy 421, Greensburg. Tickets at www.artsingreensburg.org for $15 or at the gate for $20.