Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rush County is a youth mentoring organization. BBBS has been serving the Rush County community for 23 years. Our mission is to see all children reach their full potential through professionally supported, one-to-one mentoring relationships. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Rush County is a United Fund Agency and we are thankful for their continued support of our match project.
• All applicants (volunteers and children) are screened to gain necessary information to make a match and ensure that they are appropriate for the program.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters seeks to change the lives of children facing adversity between 6 and 18 years of age, in Rush County.
• Volunteers (Bigs) are adults from the Rush County Community, must be 17 years and older.
• Our Biggest Need is Male Volunteers, especially in the Lunch Buddy program.
• Matches should last at least 1 year, but we prefer for life! Matches/volunteer opportunities are FLEXIBLE and designed to meet the scheduling needs of the volunteer and the child.
• We host monthly activities for the program participants (ie. Fishing, swimming, snow tubing, theater performances, cookouts, outdoor activities, etc.)
• For more information about volunteering, please call 765-932-5449 or email email@example.com.
Each year, we are excited to see growth in our programs. In October, we will be resuming our school-based Lunch Buddy program at Milroy and RES West. Our goal for 2013-2014 is to begin Lunch Buddy’s at Arlington Elementary. We simply need your help! Lunch Buddy’s is a fun and easy way to give back to the children in our community. One day, one hour a week, is all the time it takes to help these students reach their potential both in school and at home.
It’s easy to be a friend and you can have a positive effect on a child’s life forever. Please visit our website, www.bbbsrushcounty.com to learn more about Lunch Buddy’s and other ways to volunteer. The action you take today will change a child’s life for the better, forever.