• Rush County Girl Scouts are gearing up for the 2013-2014 membership year. Troops are now forming at all Rush County Schools. The Rush County Service Unit is hosting a registration night from 6 to 7 p.m. Sept. 24 at the Rushville Dairy Queen, 1821 N. Main St. Each girl that registers will receive a free treat courtesy of Dairy Queen. Dairy Queen is donating 10% of their sales from 4 p.m. to close on Tuesday to Rush County Girl Scouts. These proceeds will stay local and help defray the costs of activities for the girls.
• Rush County Players holding auditions for this season’s opening show, Christmas in the Land of Oz. This is the highly anticipated annual “kids only” show which is being directed by Whitley Fisher. She is accepting auditions for ages Pre-K through seniors in high school. Auditions will continue at RCP’s new facility which is located at 306 N. Main St, Rushville, on Tuesday, Sept. 24 and Wednesday, Sept. 25 beginning at 6:30 p.m. The show will be performed in early December. For questions you may call 765-938-1711 and leave a voice mail and an RCP Board Member will return your call.
• Heavy Trash Pick Up week, North of the Flatrock River, Sept. 23 through 27.
• Heavy Trash Pick Up. South of the Flatrock River please put your heavy trash out the week of Sept. 22 through 29. Pick up will be the following week, Sept. 30 through Oct. 4.
• The City dump will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. the weeks of Sept. 23 through Oct. 4 if you would like to dispose of your own heavy trash at no charge.
• The Manilla Town & Country Homemakers Club will meet for a dinner meeting on at 6 p.m. at Highpointe Orchard near Greensburg. Teola Carmony is the hostess. Evonne Kuhn will give devotions. Roll Call: Your favorite pie. Members are asked to contact Teola if you are planning to attend to pre-order your dinner selection.