Carl Meal Hardwick
On April 12, 1923, another future farmer entered the world as the son of Lewis Vernon and Hazel Fleet (Meal) Hardwick. He was followed a couple of years later by a brother, Freddie Lewis, who went to see our Lord within a month. About three years thereafter, sister, Virginia (Marvin) Johnson, was born. In Carl’s late teen years, he met and courted a beautiful young lady, Alberta Marie Crafton, whom he married April 5, 1942. They celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary April 5, 2002, and his much loved Alberta made her journey to our Lord July 2002 after a three year cancer battle. Carl joined his love in the beautiful hereafter on the 14th day of March 2013. They brought into this world four boys, Lowell Gene-wife Jennifer (Henderson), Wayne Dale-wife Mary (Lee), Lee Dean-wife Melanie (Smith), and Roy Lynn-wife Karen (Leonard).
Carl retired from active farming the summer of 1986 and enjoyed the home the boys built for their mom and dad. Carl especially looked forward to Christmas time and the annual celebration with the children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. There are 10 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren, most of whom would be able to gather in for the celebration each year.
Carl was a member of Fountaintown Christian Church, 797 W. Brookville Rd, Fountaintown, IN 46130, where there was a calling and visitation with the family Sunday, March 17. Funeral services were officiated by Carl’s nephew, Pastor Harold Armstrong, at the Fountaintown church, Monday, March 18, with burial immediately following in Asbury Cemetery, Morristown.
Memorial contributions may be made to Heartland Hospice, 931 E 86th St, Suite 208, Indianapolis, IN 46240 or to Fountaintown Christian Church. Messages of condolence may be expressed online at www.sunsetmemorygarden.com.
Carl Meal Hardwick
- Janet J. Moore Markley Egielske, 76 Janet J. Moore Markley Egielske, 76, of Rushville, passed away March 5, 2014 in Rush Memorial Hospital. She was born June 15, 1937 in Rush County to Wilbur and Marjorie (Rhoades) Moore. Janet was a 1956 graduate of Boggstown High School. Janet work
- Helen Catherine (Ball) Hovermale, 88 Helen Catherine (Ball) Hovermale, 88, resident of Sulphur Springs, passed away Tuesday morning at her residence. She was born in Delaware County, April 15, 1925, the daughter of Ora and Heelen Harlow Ball. She was a 1942 graduate of Sulphur Springs H
- David M. Chandler, 56 David M. Chandler, 56, of Shelbyville, passed away March 2, 2014 at St. Francis Hospital. He was born in Connersville, March 27, 1957 the son of the late Billy J. and Marcella (Kitchen) Chandler. David was married to Faye J. (Rhodes) Chandler, she su
- Bernice E. Hudelson, 86 Bernice E. Hudelson, 86, of Fayette County, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 in Connersville. She was born April 1, 1927 to the late Lester and Ethel (Stevens) Dalrymple. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Moster Mortuary, Rushville with
- Gary Brent Clifford, 69 On Monday, March 3, 2014, Gary Brent Clifford, 69, went to his heavenly home. One of Gary's daily worship routines was to send an email devotion to 50 plus individuals. He ended each one with "Have a Christ centered day." That is how he lived his l
- Mr. Charles Glenn, 71 Mr. Charles Glenn, 71, of Cartersville, Ga., formerly of Indiana, died Friday, Feb. 28, 2014, at his residence. Mr. Glenn was born in Rushville on Jan. 1, 1943, the son of the late Wesley Glenn and Thelma Mayse Glenn. He was a dedicated construction
- Eulala C. Halterman, 81 Eulala C. Halterman, 81, of Rushville, passed away Feb. 25, 2014, at Millers Merry Manor. She was born March 12, 1932 in Henry County, the daughter of the late Henry L. and Hazel M. (nee McMichael) Sherwood. She was a homemaker. “Lou” is survived by
- David Leon Robbins, 82 David Leon Robbins, 82 , of Laurel, passed away Saturday, March 1, at his residence. David was born in Greensburg on Dec. 21, 1931. Visitation is from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday and funeral service at 10 a.m. Friday at Burns Funeral Home with Rev. Jarrin J
- Blanche Elizabeth Bush, 43 Blanche Elizabeth Bush, 43, of Knightstown, formally of Rushville, passed away Feb. 25, 2014. A Celebration of Life Service will be 1 p.m. Monday at Todd Funeral Centre & Crematory with Pastor Ray Sweet officiating. Friends may call after 11 a.m. Bu
- Greg S. Hall, 44 Greg S. Hall, 44, a lifelong Rush County resident passed away Feb. 25, 2014 in Greensburg. Greg was born in Rushville on Nov. 8, 1969 to the late Judy (Bradburn) Hall. He was a 1988 graduate of Rushville Consolidated High School. Greg formerly worked
- More Obituaries Headlines