Carl Meal Hardwick
On April 12, 1923, another future farmer entered the world as the son of Lewis Vernon and Hazel Fleet (Meal) Hardwick. He was followed a couple of years later by a brother, Freddie Lewis, who went to see our Lord within a month. About three years thereafter, sister, Virginia (Marvin) Johnson, was born. In Carl’s late teen years, he met and courted a beautiful young lady, Alberta Marie Crafton, whom he married April 5, 1942. They celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary April 5, 2002, and his much loved Alberta made her journey to our Lord July 2002 after a three year cancer battle. Carl joined his love in the beautiful hereafter on the 14th day of March 2013. They brought into this world four boys, Lowell Gene-wife Jennifer (Henderson), Wayne Dale-wife Mary (Lee), Lee Dean-wife Melanie (Smith), and Roy Lynn-wife Karen (Leonard).
Carl retired from active farming the summer of 1986 and enjoyed the home the boys built for their mom and dad. Carl especially looked forward to Christmas time and the annual celebration with the children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. There are 10 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren, most of whom would be able to gather in for the celebration each year.
Carl was a member of Fountaintown Christian Church, 797 W. Brookville Rd, Fountaintown, IN 46130, where there was a calling and visitation with the family Sunday, March 17. Funeral services were officiated by Carl’s nephew, Pastor Harold Armstrong, at the Fountaintown church, Monday, March 18, with burial immediately following in Asbury Cemetery, Morristown.
Memorial contributions may be made to Heartland Hospice, 931 E 86th St, Suite 208, Indianapolis, IN 46240 or to Fountaintown Christian Church. Messages of condolence may be expressed online at www.sunsetmemorygarden.com.
Carl Meal Hardwick
- Randall A. Hanley, 70 March 5, 1944 - April 16, 2014 Randall A. Hanley, 70, a longtime Rushville resident passed away Wednesday, April 16, 2014 in Mooresville. Randall was born in Lewis County, Ky., on March 5, 1944 to the late Edward Anthony and Ica Mae (McCane) Hanley. Randall worked at Schnadig Corp
- David Hunter Maxwell, 80 Nov. 20, 1932 - April 14, 2014 David Hunter Maxwell, 80, resident of Golden Living Center, Muncie, passed away Monday at the center. He was born in Glenellen, Ill., Nov. 20, 1932, the son of Clyde and Edna Hunter Maxwell. He was a graduate of Glenellen High School and a veteran of
- L. Jerry Lee, 81 Nov. 1, 1932 - April 12, 2014 L. Jerry Lee, 81, of Greensburg, passed away Saturday, April 12, at Arbor Grove Village, Greeensburg. He was born on Nov. 1, 1932, a son of the late Louise (Schwagmeier) and Lloyd E. Lee. A private graveside services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Apri
- Charles E. Campbell, 61 Charles E. Campbell, 61, of Rushville, died April 11, 2014. Services for Charles include a family gathering followed by cremation. All are asked to remember him in your next act of kindness to another. Memorial Donations to your local animal shelter.
- Josephine (Newhouse) Hamilton, 86 June 6, 1927 - April 11, 2014 Josephine (Newhouse) Hamilton, 86, passed away April 11, 2014 in Avon. Hamilton, a resident of Speedway, graduated from Rushville High School and went on to Indiana Business College. She was a member of the PEO Sisterhood and Speedway Christian Churc
- David F. Fields, 77 David F. Fields 77, of Rushville, died April 11 at Rush Memorial Hospital. A Celebration of Life with Military Honors 1 p.m. Wednesday April 16, 2014 at Todd Funeral Centre & Crematory with Evangelist James Buhler officiating. Calling after 11 a.m.
- Hazel L. Workman, 76 March 11, 1938 - April 12, 2014 Hazel L. Workman, 76, a long time Rushville resident, passed away April 12, 2014 in Rush Memorial Hospital. She was born March 11, 1938 in Shelbyville to Henry Wilson and Pearl (Lore) Huddleston. She spent her early life in Connersville and had bee
- Hugh Smith, 67 Nov. 13, 1946 - April 9, 2014 Hugh Smith, 67, of Greensburg, passed away at his residence in Greensburg. Hugh was born in Manchester, Ky., on Nov. 13, 1946, a son of the late Alice (Maxie) and Theo Smith Grave Side Funeral Service will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, April 12, in Westpo
- John William Earlywine, 27 Jan. 9, 1987 - April 6, 2014 John William Earlywine, 27, of Rushville, passed away unexpectedly Sunday, April 6, 2014, at his residence in Rush County. He was born Jan. 9, 1987 in Connersville, the son of Linda (Crabtree) and Martin Earlywine. He was employed as a forklift opera
- Robert J. Leining, 59 Dec. 3, 1954 - April 8, 2014 Robert J. Leining, 59, a longtime Rushville resident passed away April 8, 2014 at his home with his loving family at his side. Bob was born in Middletown, Conn., on Dec. 3, 1954 to Herbert K. and Alva (Olsen) Leining Sr., both deceased. Bob grew up i
- More Obituaries Headlines