Carl Meal Hardwick
On April 12, 1923, another future farmer entered the world as the son of Lewis Vernon and Hazel Fleet (Meal) Hardwick. He was followed a couple of years later by a brother, Freddie Lewis, who went to see our Lord within a month. About three years thereafter, sister, Virginia (Marvin) Johnson, was born. In Carl’s late teen years, he met and courted a beautiful young lady, Alberta Marie Crafton, whom he married April 5, 1942. They celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary April 5, 2002, and his much loved Alberta made her journey to our Lord July 2002 after a three year cancer battle. Carl joined his love in the beautiful hereafter on the 14th day of March 2013. They brought into this world four boys, Lowell Gene-wife Jennifer (Henderson), Wayne Dale-wife Mary (Lee), Lee Dean-wife Melanie (Smith), and Roy Lynn-wife Karen (Leonard).
Carl retired from active farming the summer of 1986 and enjoyed the home the boys built for their mom and dad. Carl especially looked forward to Christmas time and the annual celebration with the children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. There are 10 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren, most of whom would be able to gather in for the celebration each year.
Carl was a member of Fountaintown Christian Church, 797 W. Brookville Rd, Fountaintown, IN 46130, where there was a calling and visitation with the family Sunday, March 17. Funeral services were officiated by Carl’s nephew, Pastor Harold Armstrong, at the Fountaintown church, Monday, March 18, with burial immediately following in Asbury Cemetery, Morristown.
Memorial contributions may be made to Heartland Hospice, 931 E 86th St, Suite 208, Indianapolis, IN 46240 or to Fountaintown Christian Church. Messages of condolence may be expressed online at www.sunsetmemorygarden.com.
Carl Meal Hardwick
- Betty L. St John, 83 Betty L. St John, 83 , a long time Rush County resident, passed away Dec. 8, 2013 in Rushville. She was born Oct. 31, 1930 in Laurel to Alex and Enno (Moon) Cregar. Betty married Robert St. John on May 10, 1948 and he survives. Betty worked many ye
- Harold J. Hardin, 100 Harold J. Hardin, 100, of Morristown, passed away Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013 at Hancock Regional Hospital in Greenfield. He was born Dec. 23, 1912, in Hancock County, the son of Banton and Eunice (Gardner) Hardin. On May 30, 1937, he married his wife of
Mike Edward Chandler, 68
Mike Edward Chandler, 68, long time resident of Rushville, passed away Dec. 7, 2013. Mike was born Dec. 12, 1944, the son of Mildred (Misner) Kemp, who preceded in death along with a brother Richard Chandler.
- Sandra Kay Cooper, 68 Sandra Kay Cooper, 68 , of Connersville, died Thursday morning, Dec. 5, 2013, at her residence. Sandra was born in Petersburg, Oct. 29, 1945, to Stanley, Sr. and Mary Jane Curry Howard. In 1963, she graduated from Rushville High School. Sandra was a
- Stephen B. Phillips, 65 Stephen B. Phillips, 65, of Rushville, passed away suddenly, Dec. 5, 2013 in Greensburg. He was born May 2, 1948 in Rushville to Otto Barge "Pete" Phillips and Dovie (Ward) Bulmer. He was a 1965 graduate of New Salem High School. He married Linda
- Michael E. Ball, 51 Michael E. Ball, 51, a life long Rushville resident, passed away Dec. 4, 2013 in Indianapolis. He was born Nov. 29, 1962 in Rushville to Lowell Eugene "Jack" Ball and Janet (Proffitt) Moor. Mike was a U.S. Army veteran, serving from 1980-1983. Mike
- Harlan F. Fortmeyer, 90 Harlan F. Fortmeyer, 90, of Hot Springs Village, Ark., passed away on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013 at a local hospital. Harlan was born on a farm in Fairview, Kan., on Aug. 31, 1923 to Walter and Emma (Bolte) Fortmeyer. His father died a year later and his m
- Ruth E. Oldham, 88 Ruth E. Oldham, 88, a life long Rush County resident, passed away peacefully on Dec. 3, 2013 in Rushville. She was born Aug. 25, 1925 in Rush County to Maurice W. and Berniece (Sherwood) Kile. Ruth married Byron Oldham on Aug. 26, 1945 and he survi
- Kathy L. Goddard, 65 Kathy L. Goddard, 65, a lifelong Rushville resident, passed away Dec. 1, 2013 in Rushville. She was born Nov. 22, 1948 in Rushville to George Goddard and Rebecca (Nienstedt) Hartzler, both deceased. Kathy was a member of the Plum Creek Christian Chu
- Lisa A. Webster, 49 Lisa A. Webster, 49, of Speedway, passed away suddenly at her home on Dec. 1, 2013. She was born July 30, 1964 in Rushville to Alyn J. and Alice Ann (Alsman) Leisure. Lisa was a 1982 graduate of Rushville Consolidated High School. She had lived mo
- More Obituaries Headlines