Carl Meal Hardwick
On April 12, 1923, another future farmer entered the world as the son of Lewis Vernon and Hazel Fleet (Meal) Hardwick. He was followed a couple of years later by a brother, Freddie Lewis, who went to see our Lord within a month. About three years thereafter, sister, Virginia (Marvin) Johnson, was born. In Carl’s late teen years, he met and courted a beautiful young lady, Alberta Marie Crafton, whom he married April 5, 1942. They celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary April 5, 2002, and his much loved Alberta made her journey to our Lord July 2002 after a three year cancer battle. Carl joined his love in the beautiful hereafter on the 14th day of March 2013. They brought into this world four boys, Lowell Gene-wife Jennifer (Henderson), Wayne Dale-wife Mary (Lee), Lee Dean-wife Melanie (Smith), and Roy Lynn-wife Karen (Leonard).
Carl retired from active farming the summer of 1986 and enjoyed the home the boys built for their mom and dad. Carl especially looked forward to Christmas time and the annual celebration with the children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. There are 10 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren, most of whom would be able to gather in for the celebration each year.
Carl was a member of Fountaintown Christian Church, 797 W. Brookville Rd, Fountaintown, IN 46130, where there was a calling and visitation with the family Sunday, March 17. Funeral services were officiated by Carl’s nephew, Pastor Harold Armstrong, at the Fountaintown church, Monday, March 18, with burial immediately following in Asbury Cemetery, Morristown.
Memorial contributions may be made to Heartland Hospice, 931 E 86th St, Suite 208, Indianapolis, IN 46240 or to Fountaintown Christian Church. Messages of condolence may be expressed online at www.sunsetmemorygarden.com.
Carl Meal Hardwick
- Robert Lee Johnson, Jr., 61 Robert Lee Johnson, Jr., 61, of Connersville, passed away Monday, July 28, 2014, at Fayette Regional Health System. Funeral service is at 1 p.m. Thursday, July 31, 2014, at Miller, Moster, Robbins Funeral Home with Rev. Tom Marshall officiating. Visi
- Buster N. Davis, 76 March 16, 1938-July 27, 2014 Buster N. Davis, 76, of Rushville, went home to be with the Lord Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home surrounded by his loving family. He was born on March 16, 1938 in Monticello, KY as the son of Barney F. and Lillie Mae (Bates) Davis. He married Kat
- Ronald D. Hillebrand Sr., 75 Jan. 10, 1939 - July 25, 2014 Ronald D. Hillebrand Sr., 75, of Milroy, passed away July 25, 2014 at Rush Memorial Hospital.Ronald was born Jan. 10, 1939 in Jennings County to the late Alfred and Lottie Hillebrand. Ronald married Carolyn J. Foster on Nov. 8, 1964 and she survives.
- David W. Craven, 53 David W. Craven, 53, passed away in Kearney, Mo., on July 22, 2014. A Mass of Christian burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, July 30, 2014 in St. Mary Catholic Church, Rushville. Visitation is 2 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, July 29 at Moster Mo
- Aaron Lee Meal, 40 Jan. 27, 1974 - July 22, 2014 Aaron Lee Meal, 40, passed away July 22, 2014. Meal was born in Indianapolis on Jan. 27, 1974 and is the son of Normal Meal and Judy (Harrell) Meal. Aaron loved the outdoors and spending time with his brother and family. He had a great sense of humor
- Kenneth L. King, 62 Oct. 25, 1952-July 23, 2014 Kenneth L. King, 62, a life long Rush County resident, passed away July 23, 2014 in Indianapolis. He was born Oct. 25, 1951 in Rushville to Norman V. and Norma C. (Alsman) King. Kenneth was a 1970 graduate of Rushville Consolidated High School. He
- David W. Craven, 53 Feb. 17, 1961 - July 22, 2014 David W. Craven, 53, a former Rush County resident passed away in Kearney, Missouri, on July 22, 2014. Dave was born in Rushville on Feb. 17, 1961 to Curtis and Barbara (McCoy) Craven. Dave lived in Rush County most of his life and has lived in Kearn
- Ouida Jaunice Howington, 84 June 14, 1930 - July 21, 2014 Ouida Jaunice Howington, 84, of Anderson, passed away Monday, July 21, at Swiss Villa, Vevay. Jaunice was born on June 14, 1930, a daughter of the late Lorene (Crabtree) and Henry Thornell. Funeral service is 1 p.m. Thursday at East Brook Cemetery Mi
- James Lee Meyers, 69 Sept. 9, 1944 - July 18, 2014 James Lee Meyers, 69, of New Castle, passed away Friday, July 18,2014 while in the company of family members, at his residence. James was born in Batesville on Sept. 9, 1944, a son of the late Edna (Denker) and Aloise E Meyers. He was the husband of
- Winfred "Win" West, 83 Nov. 27, 1930 - July 19, 2014 Winfred "Win" West, 83, of Shelbyville, passed away Saturday, July 19, 2014 at Kindred Hospital Indiana South in Greenwood. He was born Nov. 27, 1930, in Somerset, Kentucky, the son of Martin and Audrey (Rainwater) West. Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Thu
- More Obituaries Headlines