Carl Meal Hardwick
On April 12, 1923, another future farmer entered the world as the son of Lewis Vernon and Hazel Fleet (Meal) Hardwick. He was followed a couple of years later by a brother, Freddie Lewis, who went to see our Lord within a month. About three years thereafter, sister, Virginia (Marvin) Johnson, was born. In Carl’s late teen years, he met and courted a beautiful young lady, Alberta Marie Crafton, whom he married April 5, 1942. They celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary April 5, 2002, and his much loved Alberta made her journey to our Lord July 2002 after a three year cancer battle. Carl joined his love in the beautiful hereafter on the 14th day of March 2013. They brought into this world four boys, Lowell Gene-wife Jennifer (Henderson), Wayne Dale-wife Mary (Lee), Lee Dean-wife Melanie (Smith), and Roy Lynn-wife Karen (Leonard).
Carl retired from active farming the summer of 1986 and enjoyed the home the boys built for their mom and dad. Carl especially looked forward to Christmas time and the annual celebration with the children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. There are 10 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren, most of whom would be able to gather in for the celebration each year.
Carl was a member of Fountaintown Christian Church, 797 W. Brookville Rd, Fountaintown, IN 46130, where there was a calling and visitation with the family Sunday, March 17. Funeral services were officiated by Carl’s nephew, Pastor Harold Armstrong, at the Fountaintown church, Monday, March 18, with burial immediately following in Asbury Cemetery, Morristown.
Memorial contributions may be made to Heartland Hospice, 931 E 86th St, Suite 208, Indianapolis, IN 46240 or to Fountaintown Christian Church. Messages of condolence may be expressed online at www.sunsetmemorygarden.com.
Carl Meal Hardwick
- James Lee Meyers, 69 Sept. 9, 1944 - July 18, 2014 James Lee Meyers, 69, of New Castle, passed away Friday, July 18,2014 while in the company of family members, at his residence. James was born in Batesville on Sept. 9, 1944, a son of the late Edna (Denker) and Aloise E Meyers. He was the husband of
- Winfred "Win" West, 83 Nov. 27, 1930 - July 19, 2014 Winfred "Win" West, 83, of Shelbyville, passed away Saturday, July 19, 2014 at Kindred Hospital Indiana South in Greenwood. He was born Nov. 27, 1930, in Somerset, Kentucky, the son of Martin and Audrey (Rainwater) West. Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Thu
- Harold Gray, 48 March 24, 1966 - July 15, 2014 Harold Gray, 48, of Carthage, passed away Tuesday, July 15, 2014. He was born March 24, 1966 in Greenfield, son of James B. and Melanie A. (Addison) Gray. Harold was a 1984 graduate of Knightstown High School and worked as a farmer at Gray’s farm in
- Laura Willis (Wells) Reed, 95 May 22, 1919 - July 16, 2014 Laura Willis (Wells) Reed, 95, ended her journey through this life on Wednesday, July 16, 2014, surrounded by her loved ones at her home in Raysville. She was born on May 22, 1919 in Pulaski County, Kentucky, the daughter of Cyrus (Jimmy) Loveall and
- Caroline Priscilla Linville, 98 Jan. 1, 1916 - July 15, 2014 Caroline Priscilla Linville, 98, of Arlington, went to be with the Lord on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at her residence, surrounded by her family. She was born Jan. 1, 1916, in Shelby County, the daughter of Thomas S. Macy and Mary W. (Minor) Macy. On Ma
- Sarah J. York, 62 March 10, 1952 - July 3, 2014 Sarah J. York, 62, of Greensburg passed away July 3, 2014 at her residence with family at her side. She was born March 10, 1952 in Rushville, a daughter of Elmer McDonald and the late Nancy (Pratt) Moore. She was factory worker at the Trane Corp. for
- Phyllis Ann (Garriott) Barnard, 87 Nov. 4, 1926 -0 July 4, 2014 Phyllis Ann (Garriott) Barnard, 87, known to friends and family as "Pg", passed away July 4, 2014 unexpectedly at her home in Yuma, Arizona. She was born in Connersville on Nov. 4, 1926. She graduated from Hanover College, where she met her husband L
- Nancy G. Simmons- Hasecuster October 25, 1932 - July 10, 2014 Nancy G. Simmons- Hasecuster was born on October 25, 1932 in Madison, Indiana, the daughter of the late C. Gerald “Jerry” and Florence (Niesse) Simmons before moving to Shelbyville, Indiana. Nancy moved to Greenfield, Indiana in 1966 where she died
- Malia Dean Honnold, 82 May 5, 1932 - July 9, 2014 Malia Dean Honnold, 82, of Carthage passed Wednesday, July 9, 2014 surrounded by her family following a courageous battle with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease). She was born May 5, 1932 in Burlington, VT, a daughter of Professor Leon and Hazel (Warden) Dea
- William J. Means, 56 May 8, 1958 - June 8, 2014 William J. Means, 56, of Greensburg, IN, passed away July 8, while in the company of family members, at his residence. William was born in Stuttgart, Germany on May 8, 1958. F uneral Service at Burns Funeral Home, Milroy, IN, at 5:00 pm on Saturday,
- More Obituaries Headlines