John R. Owen, 89, a life-long Rush County resident, passed away Oct. 26, 2013, in New Castle. He was born Dec. 16, 1923, in Rush County to Earl Owen and Reba (Miller). Reba later married Russell G. Moor and they raised John.John married Ruth M. Morgan on April 29, 1944, and she preceded him in death on Aug. 10, 2003. He farmed his entire life and drove a livestock truck. John was passionate about quarter horses. He enjoyed raising and showing them. He also loved his many dogs around the farm. John was a licensed pilot and loved to fly.He is survived by his son, D. Michael and wife Sherry Owen; daughters, Anglia D. and husband Louie Gorsuch and Sherry L. McIntire, all of Rushville; grandchildren, John D. and wife Jodi Owen, Michael R. and wife Stephanie Owen, N. Scott Frostrom, Bradley E. and wife Trish Kinder and Jonna L. McIntire. Eight great grandchildren also survive. John was preceded in death by his wife, Ruth; grandson, Brian Dwenger; son-in-law, John McIntire; step-brother, Hugh Moor; and step-sister, Emogene Richards. Services will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29 at Moster Mortuary, Rushville. Friends are welcome to visit from 11a.m. until the time of service on Tuesday. Warren Engel will preside and burial will be in Rushville's East Hill Cemetery.Memorial contributions may be made to the Alzheimer's Association.
- Elmer J. Kline, 88 Elmer J. Kline, 88, of Carthage, passed away Monday, Dec. 9, 2013 at Kindred Healthcare in Greenfield. He was born June 4, 1925 in Lewis County, Ky., a son of the late George Washington and Emma Lee (Mawk) Kline. Elmer retired from the Container Cor
- Betty L. St John, 83 Betty L. St John, 83 , a long time Rush County resident, passed away Dec. 8, 2013 in Rushville. She was born Oct. 31, 1930 in Laurel to Alex and Enno (Moon) Cregar. Betty married Robert St. John on May 10, 1948 and he survives. Betty worked many ye
- Harold J. Hardin, 100 Harold J. Hardin, 100, of Morristown, passed away Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013 at Hancock Regional Hospital in Greenfield. He was born Dec. 23, 1912, in Hancock County, the son of Banton and Eunice (Gardner) Hardin. On May 30, 1937, he married his wife of
Mike Edward Chandler, 68
Mike Edward Chandler, 68, long time resident of Rushville, passed away Dec. 7, 2013. Mike was born Dec. 12, 1944, the son of Mildred (Misner) Kemp, who preceded in death along with a brother Richard Chandler.
- Sandra Kay Cooper, 68 Sandra Kay Cooper, 68 , of Connersville, died Thursday morning, Dec. 5, 2013, at her residence. Sandra was born in Petersburg, Oct. 29, 1945, to Stanley, Sr. and Mary Jane Curry Howard. In 1963, she graduated from Rushville High School. Sandra was a
- Stephen B. Phillips, 65 Stephen B. Phillips, 65, of Rushville, passed away suddenly, Dec. 5, 2013 in Greensburg. He was born May 2, 1948 in Rushville to Otto Barge "Pete" Phillips and Dovie (Ward) Bulmer. He was a 1965 graduate of New Salem High School. He married Linda
- Michael E. Ball, 51 Michael E. Ball, 51, a life long Rushville resident, passed away Dec. 4, 2013 in Indianapolis. He was born Nov. 29, 1962 in Rushville to Lowell Eugene "Jack" Ball and Janet (Proffitt) Moor. Mike was a U.S. Army veteran, serving from 1980-1983. Mike
- Harlan F. Fortmeyer, 90 Harlan F. Fortmeyer, 90, of Hot Springs Village, Ark., passed away on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013 at a local hospital. Harlan was born on a farm in Fairview, Kan., on Aug. 31, 1923 to Walter and Emma (Bolte) Fortmeyer. His father died a year later and his m
- Ruth E. Oldham, 88 Ruth E. Oldham, 88, a life long Rush County resident, passed away peacefully on Dec. 3, 2013 in Rushville. She was born Aug. 25, 1925 in Rush County to Maurice W. and Berniece (Sherwood) Kile. Ruth married Byron Oldham on Aug. 26, 1945 and he survi
- Kathy L. Goddard, 65 Kathy L. Goddard, 65, a lifelong Rushville resident, passed away Dec. 1, 2013 in Rushville. She was born Nov. 22, 1948 in Rushville to George Goddard and Rebecca (Nienstedt) Hartzler, both deceased. Kathy was a member of the Plum Creek Christian Chu
- More Obituaries Headlines