Mary B. Woodward, a devoted wife and mother, and retired Rush County farm manager died peacefully in her home Wednesday Oct. 2, 2013, at the age of 96. She has been a resident of Paradise Valley since 1977.Mary Margaret Brown Woodward, was born in Bluffton on Nov. 26, 1916. Daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ray P. Brown. In 1934 she graduated from P.A. Allen High School and then attended Indiana University for two years.She loved being a member of the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority while at IU and remained a member for the next 50 years. She stayed in touch by writing many letters and Christmas cards to all her friends. She was also a member of Tri-Kappa in Bluffton. Mary wed her college sweetheart, Bob H. Woodward in 1936 at her parents home. They remained married through all his work travels and many moves, until the day he died Jan. 31, 1987. She was very proud of herself for having great skill at picking out a house for a good price, fixing it up to her liking and always making a profit when it was time to move. Mary was also a dedicated Farm Manager, buying her own farm in Rush County, not too far from Bob’s family farm. Being a profitable farm took many hours of paperwork, with the help of very hard working farmers who raised dairy cattle and hogs, and cultivated mostly corn and soybeans. Both Mary and Bob were so grateful to the Harpring and Herbert families for staying successful in the farming business. They truly enjoyed their relationships and appreciated their work ethics over many years. She and Bob were super grandparents who loved to buy them new clothes and take them on many beautiful vacations across the United States. Mary was also an avid gardener who could produce beautiful roses and maintain a weed free lawn. Survivors include her daughter, Carol Cremin of Round Rock, Texas; two grandchildren, Marianne C. Taylor of Hutto, Texas and Walter C. Cremin III of Canyon Lake, Texas; and 4 great-grandchildren. A graveside service will be held by Messinger Mortuary at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 8 at the Green Acres Memorial Gardens, 401 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, Ariz., where she will rest in peace alongside her husband Bob. The family recommends donating to Theta or The Alzheimers Association in her name.
- Betty L. St John, 83 Betty L. St John, 83 , a long time Rush County resident, passed away Dec. 8, 2013 in Rushville. She was born Oct. 31, 1930 in Laurel to Alex and Enno (Moon) Cregar. Betty married Robert St. John on May 10, 1948 and he survives. Betty worked many ye
- Harold J. Hardin, 100 Harold J. Hardin, 100, of Morristown, passed away Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013 at Hancock Regional Hospital in Greenfield. He was born Dec. 23, 1912, in Hancock County, the son of Banton and Eunice (Gardner) Hardin. On May 30, 1937, he married his wife of
Mike Edward Chandler, 68
Mike Edward Chandler, 68, long time resident of Rushville, passed away Dec. 7, 2013. Mike was born Dec. 12, 1944, the son of Mildred (Misner) Kemp, who preceded in death along with a brother Richard Chandler.
- Sandra Kay Cooper, 68 Sandra Kay Cooper, 68 , of Connersville, died Thursday morning, Dec. 5, 2013, at her residence. Sandra was born in Petersburg, Oct. 29, 1945, to Stanley, Sr. and Mary Jane Curry Howard. In 1963, she graduated from Rushville High School. Sandra was a
- Stephen B. Phillips, 65 Stephen B. Phillips, 65, of Rushville, passed away suddenly, Dec. 5, 2013 in Greensburg. He was born May 2, 1948 in Rushville to Otto Barge "Pete" Phillips and Dovie (Ward) Bulmer. He was a 1965 graduate of New Salem High School. He married Linda
- Michael E. Ball, 51 Michael E. Ball, 51, a life long Rushville resident, passed away Dec. 4, 2013 in Indianapolis. He was born Nov. 29, 1962 in Rushville to Lowell Eugene "Jack" Ball and Janet (Proffitt) Moor. Mike was a U.S. Army veteran, serving from 1980-1983. Mike
- Harlan F. Fortmeyer, 90 Harlan F. Fortmeyer, 90, of Hot Springs Village, Ark., passed away on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013 at a local hospital. Harlan was born on a farm in Fairview, Kan., on Aug. 31, 1923 to Walter and Emma (Bolte) Fortmeyer. His father died a year later and his m
- Ruth E. Oldham, 88 Ruth E. Oldham, 88, a life long Rush County resident, passed away peacefully on Dec. 3, 2013 in Rushville. She was born Aug. 25, 1925 in Rush County to Maurice W. and Berniece (Sherwood) Kile. Ruth married Byron Oldham on Aug. 26, 1945 and he survi
- Kathy L. Goddard, 65 Kathy L. Goddard, 65, a lifelong Rushville resident, passed away Dec. 1, 2013 in Rushville. She was born Nov. 22, 1948 in Rushville to George Goddard and Rebecca (Nienstedt) Hartzler, both deceased. Kathy was a member of the Plum Creek Christian Chu
- Lisa A. Webster, 49 Lisa A. Webster, 49, of Speedway, passed away suddenly at her home on Dec. 1, 2013. She was born July 30, 1964 in Rushville to Alyn J. and Alice Ann (Alsman) Leisure. Lisa was a 1982 graduate of Rushville Consolidated High School. She had lived mo
- More Obituaries Headlines