Eleanor Balsbaugh, 98, a longtime Rush County resident, passed away April 8, 2013, in Rushville.
She was born June 24, 1914, in Brown County, Ohio to Dr. D.C. and Ethel (Kibbler) Hancock. Eleanor was a 1932 graduate of Mays High School and
attended Ball State University for two years. She married Clyde E. Balsbaugh Aug. 15, 1947; he preceded her in death Jan. 6, 1996.
Eleanor lived many years in Indianapolis. She worked for Zayre’s Department Store as manager of the Fabric Department and worked in assembly many
years at Naval Avionics. She was a longtime member of Center Christian Church, a 50-year member of the former Knightstown OES #54, the Mays Study
Club and the Mays Symposium.
She is survived by a son, Richard “Rick” and wife Debbie Balsbaugh of Champaign, Ill.; a daughter, Sheridan Lee “Sherry” and husband David Payton of
Waldron; grandchildren, Deborah Machelle Adair, Denise Marie and husband Ezra Clemons, Amy Michelle Marie and husband Adam Wilkie, Colin, Trevor
Scott and Blake Philip Balsbaugh; great-grandchildren, Pamela Kay Niehause, Megan Lynn Carter, Madison Joy and Brooklyn Ann Wilkie; and great-
great-granddaughter, Lyla Jade Riddle.
In addition to her parents and husband, Eleanor was preceded in death by a son, Dennis (2004) and a sister, Jean Fowler.
Services will be at noon Friday, April 12, at Moster Mortuary, Rushville, with Rev. Bill Worrell presiding. Friends are welcome to visit from 10
a.m. until time of service Friday at the mortuary. There will be an OES service immediately prior to services. Burial will be in Washington Park
East Cemetery, Indianapolis.
Memorial contributions may be made to Center Christian Church.
- Betty L. St John, 83 Betty L. St John, 83 , a long time Rush County resident, passed away Dec. 8, 2013 in Rushville. She was born Oct. 31, 1930 in Laurel to Alex and Enno (Moon) Cregar. Betty married Robert St. John on May 10, 1948 and he survives. Betty worked many ye
- Harold J. Hardin, 100 Harold J. Hardin, 100, of Morristown, passed away Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013 at Hancock Regional Hospital in Greenfield. He was born Dec. 23, 1912, in Hancock County, the son of Banton and Eunice (Gardner) Hardin. On May 30, 1937, he married his wife of
Mike Edward Chandler, 68
Mike Edward Chandler, 68, long time resident of Rushville, passed away Dec. 7, 2013. Mike was born Dec. 12, 1944, the son of Mildred (Misner) Kemp, who preceded in death along with a brother Richard Chandler.
- Sandra Kay Cooper, 68 Sandra Kay Cooper, 68 , of Connersville, died Thursday morning, Dec. 5, 2013, at her residence. Sandra was born in Petersburg, Oct. 29, 1945, to Stanley, Sr. and Mary Jane Curry Howard. In 1963, she graduated from Rushville High School. Sandra was a
- Stephen B. Phillips, 65 Stephen B. Phillips, 65, of Rushville, passed away suddenly, Dec. 5, 2013 in Greensburg. He was born May 2, 1948 in Rushville to Otto Barge "Pete" Phillips and Dovie (Ward) Bulmer. He was a 1965 graduate of New Salem High School. He married Linda
- Michael E. Ball, 51 Michael E. Ball, 51, a life long Rushville resident, passed away Dec. 4, 2013 in Indianapolis. He was born Nov. 29, 1962 in Rushville to Lowell Eugene "Jack" Ball and Janet (Proffitt) Moor. Mike was a U.S. Army veteran, serving from 1980-1983. Mike
- Harlan F. Fortmeyer, 90 Harlan F. Fortmeyer, 90, of Hot Springs Village, Ark., passed away on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013 at a local hospital. Harlan was born on a farm in Fairview, Kan., on Aug. 31, 1923 to Walter and Emma (Bolte) Fortmeyer. His father died a year later and his m
- Ruth E. Oldham, 88 Ruth E. Oldham, 88, a life long Rush County resident, passed away peacefully on Dec. 3, 2013 in Rushville. She was born Aug. 25, 1925 in Rush County to Maurice W. and Berniece (Sherwood) Kile. Ruth married Byron Oldham on Aug. 26, 1945 and he survi
- Kathy L. Goddard, 65 Kathy L. Goddard, 65, a lifelong Rushville resident, passed away Dec. 1, 2013 in Rushville. She was born Nov. 22, 1948 in Rushville to George Goddard and Rebecca (Nienstedt) Hartzler, both deceased. Kathy was a member of the Plum Creek Christian Chu
- Lisa A. Webster, 49 Lisa A. Webster, 49, of Speedway, passed away suddenly at her home on Dec. 1, 2013. She was born July 30, 1964 in Rushville to Alyn J. and Alice Ann (Alsman) Leisure. Lisa was a 1982 graduate of Rushville Consolidated High School. She had lived mo
- More Obituaries Headlines