An accident at INTAT Precision, Inc., 2148 North SR 3, Saturday, claimed the life of Eric W. McKinney, 30, of Connersville.
McKinney’s death occurred Saturday morning and was determined to be accidental.
The death was discovered after a McKinney family member contacted local and county law enforcement agencies inquiring about a possible traffic accident involving the Connersville man when he did not return home from work.
A short time later his vehicle was found in the INTAT parking lot.
During a search of the foundry McKinney’s body was found inside an upper level International machine known as the muller; it’s a large piece of equipment used to break up sand forms used as molds at the foundry.
McKinney was believed to have been inside the machine cleaning it when the equipment started running, fatally injuring the man.
The investigation found that a locking system outside the machine serves as a safeguard, not allowing the muller to operate when engaged; however, the safety measure was not utilized by McKinney at the time of the death.
Contact: Frank Denzler @ 765.932.2222 x106
- More events canceled RCHS has announced that the Lion basketball game at Connersville scheduled for tonight has been postponed. Also, the Madrigals for tonight has been rescheduled for 6:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Events canceled The following events have been canceled at RCHS: • All practices for Friday • Holiday Fair Saturday • Wrestling Invitational Saturday
- Rushville man killed in State Road 3 accident GREENSBURG - A Rushville man was killed and three other individuals were injured in a two-vehicle crash on State Road 3, near Carver Street, Thursday morning. According to a press release from the Indiana State Police (ISP), the accident occurred jus
- Saturday is Pearl Harbor Day Saturday will mark the 72 anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor, the event that directly led to the United States' involvement in World War II. On the fateful morning of Sunday, Dec. 7, 1941, the Japanese launched a surprise attack against U.S
- Fundraising event to help local food pantry As a means to generate needed funding for the Rush County Community Assistance Food Pantry, located at 109 East Third Street, the Rushville Pharmacy is hosting a Candy Cottage decorating fundraising event. Participates have already constructed and de
- One step at a time The goal of Changing Foot-prints is simple; no one should go without adequate, protective foot wear. Changing Footprints realizes the great need for shoes around the world as protection from disease and a gateway to education. It is because of this n
- Briefs INDIANAPOLIS - Mayors from across Indiana are gearing up for a fight to protect a state business tax that produces nearly $1 billion in annual revenue for local governments, libraries and schools. Republican leaders in the Statehouse say getting rid
- Commissioners closing out 2013 business Following Monday's meeting, the trio of Bruce Levi, Mark Bacon and Ken Masters have two remaining county commissioner meetings for the year, Dec. 16 and Dec 30. It was announced this week that beginning with the Jan. 13 meeting, county commissioner m
- City leaders finalize ambulance cost Members of the Rushville City Council met earlier this weeks and began putting a wrap on issues requiring their attention for 2013. City council meetings are open to the public and the final council meeting will be held at 6 p.m., Dec. 17 in the coun
- Events canceled The Lion wrestling meet with Triton Central and the boys freshman basketball game schedule for Thursday have been canceled.
- More News Headlines