Lora “Jeanette” (Fishback) Rager, 85
Mary Rose McIlwain Timler, 59
The Rushville Republican thanks the following persons for their subscription to and support of this newspaper:
Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Milroy PTO Annual Fall Festival from 5-8 p.m. at Milroy Elementary. Chili supper, dine in or carry out, silent auction, vendor booths, children’s games and raffle items. Dinner and raffle tickets call 629-2323 or available at the door. Proceeds help with field trips, new playground equipment and other school activities.
• Elementary School age student dance from 6-8 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Rush County. $3 per person. D.J. Kevin Green. Proceeds benefit the Boys and Girls Club.
• The Rushville Eagles will host Bingo on Fridays at 7 p.m. and on Sundays at 2 p.m. The community is invited. Information: 765-561-7472.
• The Anderson Township Volunteer Fire Department will hold their Fish Fry from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday at the fire department in Milroy. Free will donation accepted. Carry-outs available.
• Knights of Columbus Chicken Fry from 5 to 8 p.m. Adults $10 and children $6. Carryouts available. Menu includes: Chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, rolls, applesauce and cake. All white meat $1 extra. Open to the public. Information: 932-2277.
• DAR meeting will be at noon on Oct. 12 at the Main Street Christian Church. Hostesses for the luncheon meeting will be the officers.
• Rushville Eagles will host a breakfast from 6 to 10 a.m. Sausage gravy, Biscuits, eggs, hash browns, milk, juice and coffee. Free will donations. Open to the public.
• Rushville Eagle Riders will sponsor a Benefit in memory of Rita Hornaday. The benefit will help the family with funeral expenses.
• Rush County Genealogical Society regular meeting at 11 a.m. Please note the change of meeting place. We will be meeting at the Rush County Historical Society, 619 N. Perkins Street, Rushville. Anyone interested in family histories in Rush County is welcome to attend.