Betty Borders, 89
Theron Dawson, 83
Dawn Miller, 65
Helen Navarra, 83
The Rushville Republican thanks the following persons for their subscription to and support of this newspaper:
Gloria Mc Fadden
North of Flatrock River: Put heavy trash out this week. Pick up will be Sept. 23 to 27.
South of Flatrock River: Put heavy trash out the week of Sept. 22 to 29. Pick up will be Sept. 30 to Oct. 4.
Items excluded are tires, air-conditioners and refrigerators. Those items may be dropped off at the City Dump for a small fee.
The City Dump will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 23 to Oct. 4 if you would like to dispose of your own heavy trash at no charge.
If you have any questions call the Street Department at 932-2575.
Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Heavy Trash Pick Up week. North of the Flatrock River please put your “Heavy Trash” out the week of Sept. 15 through Sept. 22. Pick up will be the following week, Sept. 23 through 27.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Association, Indiana Chapter 0813, has a monthly meeting at 10 a.m., on the third Tuesday of each month at the Ponderosa Steakhouse, corner of North Lincoln St. and Fourth St., Greensburg. Optional lunch afterward. We have guest speakers on a variety of topics and items. Come meet your current and retired Federal Employee comrades. For more information call (765) 629-2720. The next meeting is 10 a.m. on Sept. 17, 2013.
• RushFest will sponsor a fundraiser for Changing Footprints at Offut Covered Bridge.
• Rushville Lions Homecoming Football game at the RCHS Lions Stadium.
• Wesley United Methodist Church Barbeque will be from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. at the corner of 8th Street and Fort Wayne Road. Big Willy’s cooking ribs.