Rush County Schools
Kindergarten Round-Up for 2013-2014 School Year
(Age 5 by August 1, 2013)
April 13, 2013 – 8 a.m. to noon
Rushville Elementary School West (enter RESW sidewalk)
Parents – please bring the following information with you:
l Enrollment Form on line at http://res.rushville.k12.in.us/ (please fill this out ahead of time)
l Birth Certificate
l Shot records
Hearing screenings will be given by Rush County Schools’ Speech and Language Teachers. Free vision screenings will be given by Dr. Sickbert and Dr. Fenimore. Immunizations will be given my Meridian Health Services. Parents need to bring proof of insurance with them. If insurance is not available or does not cover immunizations, arrangements for free shots will be made.
A Community Fair will be held in the Rushville Elementary East Gym. Community Fair participants are:
Gentle Dentist - Knightstown, RMH, Daisy Scouts, Big Brothers/Sisters, RPD, Emergency Management Services, Harcourt Outlines, RCSD, Rush County Nutritionists, Head Start, RFD, Adult 211 Education, Rushville Public Library and the Exchange Student Program.
A “Block” party will be provided by Purdue University in Conjunction with the Rush County Extension Office. A Health Fair will be provided with information and screenings from Rush Memorial Hospital.
Rush County Schools
- More events canceled RCHS has announced that the Lion basketball game at Connersville scheduled for tonight has been postponed. Also, the Madrigals for tonight has been rescheduled for 6:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Events canceled The following events have been canceled at RCHS: • All practices for Friday • Holiday Fair Saturday • Wrestling Invitational Saturday
- Rushville man killed in State Road 3 accident GREENSBURG - A Rushville man was killed and three other individuals were injured in a two-vehicle crash on State Road 3, near Carver Street, Thursday morning. According to a press release from the Indiana State Police (ISP), the accident occurred jus
- Saturday is Pearl Harbor Day Saturday will mark the 72 anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor, the event that directly led to the United States' involvement in World War II. On the fateful morning of Sunday, Dec. 7, 1941, the Japanese launched a surprise attack against U.S
- Fundraising event to help local food pantry As a means to generate needed funding for the Rush County Community Assistance Food Pantry, located at 109 East Third Street, the Rushville Pharmacy is hosting a Candy Cottage decorating fundraising event. Participates have already constructed and de
- One step at a time The goal of Changing Foot-prints is simple; no one should go without adequate, protective foot wear. Changing Footprints realizes the great need for shoes around the world as protection from disease and a gateway to education. It is because of this n
- Briefs INDIANAPOLIS - Mayors from across Indiana are gearing up for a fight to protect a state business tax that produces nearly $1 billion in annual revenue for local governments, libraries and schools. Republican leaders in the Statehouse say getting rid
- Commissioners closing out 2013 business Following Monday's meeting, the trio of Bruce Levi, Mark Bacon and Ken Masters have two remaining county commissioner meetings for the year, Dec. 16 and Dec 30. It was announced this week that beginning with the Jan. 13 meeting, county commissioner m
- City leaders finalize ambulance cost Members of the Rushville City Council met earlier this weeks and began putting a wrap on issues requiring their attention for 2013. City council meetings are open to the public and the final council meeting will be held at 6 p.m., Dec. 17 in the coun
- Events canceled The Lion wrestling meet with Triton Central and the boys freshman basketball game schedule for Thursday have been canceled.
- More News Headlines