Quiz Bowl - HHC
The RCHS Quiz Bowl competed in two tournaments this year. In the Hoosier Heritage Conference Tournament, Rushville advanced to the championship round by defeating Pendleton Heights, Yorktown, New Palestine and Mount Vernon and finishing in the top four teams on the opening night of the tournament.
In the championship round, the squad from RCHS lost to Shelbyville in the first match by a score of 18–33. The team rebounded to defeat Yorktown in a close match by a score of 15–14. With this win, the RCHS Quiz Bowl team took third place honors in their last HHC tournament. Leading the team for RCHS were Abbey Gulde, Carrington Houser, Tyler Netherly and Blaine Weber. Also participating were Meghan Barnes, Kevin McMinn, Amy Neuman, Adam Richardson, Kristina Spaeth, Jacob Richardson and Kate Rader.
Quiz Bowl - Rotary
The quiz bowl team then traveled more than three hours on a cold Saturday in March to compete in the Rotary State Quiz Bowl Tournament at Ancilla College in Plymouth. The team competed well and finished with three wins and four losses. Rushville opened the day with a win over Peru of 170 to 150. The team took the next match from the International School of Indianapolis with a close win of 200 to 195. South Bend Clay handed the quiz bowl team their first loss 160 to 440. Mt. Vernon took a close match from RCHS with 195 to 180. Rushville bounced back to defeat Pendleton Heights 165 to 110. Andrean and South Bend Riley took the last two matches with scores of 180-285 and 255-380, respectively.
Scoring for the quiz bowl team were Abbey Gulde with 190 points, Dylan Marlatt 145 points, Carrington Houser 70 points, and Tyler Netherly 60 points. Also participating were Blaine Weber and Meghan Barnes. This wraps up the quiz bowl season. Congratulations to these students for representing RCHS well.
Academic Team – Super Bowl HHC
A small group of RCHS academic team members competed in the Hoosier Heritage Conference Super Bowl match in March. The fine arts team of Brittany Pate, Devon McMillan and Becky Paugh scored 15 points and finished fourth in the conference. The Interdisciplinary team of Kevin McMinn, Carrington Houser, Tyler Netherly and Brittany Pate scored 14 points and finished fifth in the conference. Overall Rushville took seventh place in the conference.
Super Bowl Team – Area
The RCHS Academic team participated in the Area Super Bowl competition on April 16 at Batesville. The highlight of the night came from social studies team members Amy Neuman and Kristen Clines who finished first for the division two schools and second overall. The team score narrowly missed qualifying for state competition as they finished eighth in the state by virtue of tie breakers. The science team consisting of Tyler Netherly, Kevin McMinn and Carrington Houser took second place in the division. Kevin McMinn, Tyler Netherly, Amy Neuman and Brittany Pate made up the interdisciplinary team that led all teams until the last three questions and ended in second place for the division. Amy Neuman and Kristen Clines took third place on the English team. The math team and fine arts team also participated in the competition but did not place in the top three of their division. The coaches would like to congratulate all the super bowl teams for their hard work in preparing for these competitions.
– Rushville Republican
Quiz Bowl - HHC
- More events canceled RCHS has announced that the Lion basketball game at Connersville scheduled for tonight has been postponed. Also, the Madrigals for tonight has been rescheduled for 6:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Events canceled The following events have been canceled at RCHS: • All practices for Friday • Holiday Fair Saturday • Wrestling Invitational Saturday
- Rushville man killed in State Road 3 accident GREENSBURG - A Rushville man was killed and three other individuals were injured in a two-vehicle crash on State Road 3, near Carver Street, Thursday morning. According to a press release from the Indiana State Police (ISP), the accident occurred jus
- Saturday is Pearl Harbor Day Saturday will mark the 72 anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor, the event that directly led to the United States' involvement in World War II. On the fateful morning of Sunday, Dec. 7, 1941, the Japanese launched a surprise attack against U.S
- Fundraising event to help local food pantry As a means to generate needed funding for the Rush County Community Assistance Food Pantry, located at 109 East Third Street, the Rushville Pharmacy is hosting a Candy Cottage decorating fundraising event. Participates have already constructed and de
- One step at a time The goal of Changing Foot-prints is simple; no one should go without adequate, protective foot wear. Changing Footprints realizes the great need for shoes around the world as protection from disease and a gateway to education. It is because of this n
- Briefs INDIANAPOLIS - Mayors from across Indiana are gearing up for a fight to protect a state business tax that produces nearly $1 billion in annual revenue for local governments, libraries and schools. Republican leaders in the Statehouse say getting rid
- Commissioners closing out 2013 business Following Monday's meeting, the trio of Bruce Levi, Mark Bacon and Ken Masters have two remaining county commissioner meetings for the year, Dec. 16 and Dec 30. It was announced this week that beginning with the Jan. 13 meeting, county commissioner m
- City leaders finalize ambulance cost Members of the Rushville City Council met earlier this weeks and began putting a wrap on issues requiring their attention for 2013. City council meetings are open to the public and the final council meeting will be held at 6 p.m., Dec. 17 in the coun
- Events canceled The Lion wrestling meet with Triton Central and the boys freshman basketball game schedule for Thursday have been canceled.
- More News Headlines