What: ARC wheelchair bowling event
When: Begins 1 p.m. — Nov. 11
Where: Rushville Bowl, 1124 South SR 3
Teams are still needed for the annual ARC of Rush County wheelchair bowing event.
The one-day event provides a brief glimpse of life from the perspective of individuals with physical limitations,
As in the past, wheelchair bowling will be held at the Rushville Bowl, 1124 South SR 3.
Participants do not have to be physically challenged to participate and wheelchairs will be provided.
Organizers note the annual event raises awareness and money while leaving participants with a better understanding of the physical challenges that face many people on a daily basis.
Participants are asked to collect $25 and in turn bowl one free game and be instrumental in helping Rush County residents with physical disabilities. According to organizer Jan Hornaday, throughout the event, door prizes will also be given out.
Hornaday continued by saying that she and other organizers are concerned at this stage of planning because although a popular event, the number or pre-registered teams are down from recent years.
“So far this year we have roughly 10 teams committed to the event while last year we had 48 teams participate. We hope to get to last year’s team participation, at the very least,” Hornaday said.
In recent years, the monies generated have been used to benefit various causes. During 2012, monies were used to purchase ID cards for county school children, in grades K through 6 as well as to complete paths near the youth T-ball field in Laughlin Park and near Waggener Community Pool. Additional funds were also used to purchase necessary items for other physically challenged Rush County individuals.
If you would like to support the local ARC but are unable to participate in the bowling event, contributions can be mailed to ARC of Rush County, P.O. Box 44, Rushville, IN 46173.
For additional informatio0n regarding the November wheelchair bowling event or other local ARC events, or to enter a team, Hornaday can be contacted at (765) 561-3108 or Cindy Sickbert at (765) 932-4563.
Contact: Frank Denzler @ 765.932.2222 x106
What: ARC wheelchair bowling event
- More events canceled RCHS has announced that the Lion basketball game at Connersville scheduled for tonight has been postponed. Also, the Madrigals for tonight has been rescheduled for 6:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Events canceled The following events have been canceled at RCHS: • All practices for Friday • Holiday Fair Saturday • Wrestling Invitational Saturday
- Rushville man killed in State Road 3 accident GREENSBURG - A Rushville man was killed and three other individuals were injured in a two-vehicle crash on State Road 3, near Carver Street, Thursday morning. According to a press release from the Indiana State Police (ISP), the accident occurred jus
- Saturday is Pearl Harbor Day Saturday will mark the 72 anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor, the event that directly led to the United States' involvement in World War II. On the fateful morning of Sunday, Dec. 7, 1941, the Japanese launched a surprise attack against U.S
- Fundraising event to help local food pantry As a means to generate needed funding for the Rush County Community Assistance Food Pantry, located at 109 East Third Street, the Rushville Pharmacy is hosting a Candy Cottage decorating fundraising event. Participates have already constructed and de
- One step at a time The goal of Changing Foot-prints is simple; no one should go without adequate, protective foot wear. Changing Footprints realizes the great need for shoes around the world as protection from disease and a gateway to education. It is because of this n
- Briefs INDIANAPOLIS - Mayors from across Indiana are gearing up for a fight to protect a state business tax that produces nearly $1 billion in annual revenue for local governments, libraries and schools. Republican leaders in the Statehouse say getting rid
- Commissioners closing out 2013 business Following Monday's meeting, the trio of Bruce Levi, Mark Bacon and Ken Masters have two remaining county commissioner meetings for the year, Dec. 16 and Dec 30. It was announced this week that beginning with the Jan. 13 meeting, county commissioner m
- City leaders finalize ambulance cost Members of the Rushville City Council met earlier this weeks and began putting a wrap on issues requiring their attention for 2013. City council meetings are open to the public and the final council meeting will be held at 6 p.m., Dec. 17 in the coun
- Events canceled The Lion wrestling meet with Triton Central and the boys freshman basketball game schedule for Thursday have been canceled.
- More News Headlines