• Knights of Columbus Chicken Fry from 5 to 8 p.m. Adults $10 and children $6. Carryouts available. Menu includes: Chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, rolls, applesauce and cake. All white meat $1 extra. Open to the public. Information: 932-2277.
• Phoenix Lodge #62 will hold a community breakfast from 6:30 to 10 a.m. at the Masonic Building located on Main Street above the old Princess Theatre. Cost is $7 and includes: Sausage patties, biscuits, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, and pancakes. There is an elevator for those that need it to get upstairs. We hope that all will come out and enjoy this time of good food and fellowship.
• Lewisville Lodge #72 Community Chicken & Noodle Dinner, 5:30 to 8 p.m., at Lewisville Masonic Lodge. Free will offering. Come join us. Sponsored by Lewisville Lodge #72 and Eastern Star #463.
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Heavy Trash Pick Up week. North of the Flatrock River please put your “Heavy Trash” out the week of Sept. 15 through Sept. 22. Pick up will be the following week, Sept. 23 through 27.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Association, Indiana Chapter 0813, has a monthly meeting at 10 a.m., on the third Tuesday of each month at the Ponderosa Steakhouse, corner of North Lincoln St. and Fourth St., Greensburg. Optional lunch afterward. We have guest speakers on a variety of topics and items. Come meet your current and retired Federal Employee comrades. For more information call (765) 629-2720. The next meeting is 10 a.m. on Sept. 17, 2013.
• RushFest will sponsor a fundraiser for Changing Footprints at Offut Covered Bridge.
• Rushville Lions Homecoming Football game at the RCHS Lions Stadium.
• Wesley United Methodist Church Barbeque will be from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. at the corner of 8th Street and Fort Wayne Road. Big Willy’s cooking ribs.