• Roots Blower Retirees pitch-in dinner with Local 1118 UAW, 11:30 a.m., Eastside Methodist Church, Connersville. Please bring a filled covered dish. Drinks, plates, etc., provided. Bring a friend. Widows welcome.
• Annual Blood Drive, 2 to 7 p.m., Knightstown United Methodist Church, Fellowship Hall. Contact Judy Barnes at 765-345-5491. Roll up your sleeve and give. The life you save may be your own.
• Arlington Elementary School Annual Hog Roast and Carnival at the Arlington Elementary Cafeteria. The meal begins at 4:30 p.m. and ends at 7 p.m. while the carnival of fun runs from 5-7 p.m. There will also be an auction at 6 p.m. Tickets for the hog roast meal cost $7. Meal includes a pork sandwich, applesauce, chips, greenbeans, dessert and a beverage. An extra sandwich is only $3 while the kid’s hotdog meal is $5. Advance tickets now available from students.
• A Youth Outdoor Exposition will begin at 9 a.m. on Sept. 14 at the Rush County Conservation Club, located just east of Rushville along SR 44. The sponsoring organization, the Hoosier Tree Dog Alliance, is providing activities such as a supervised archery and pellet gun shooting range, fishing skills and proper gear, watch working squirrel, bird and raccoon dogs, learn about modern trapping techniques, and more. Boy Scouts of America will have an encampment and share camping tips and other skills. Rush County Coonhunters will be offering free hotdogs and drinks. There will be a youth drawing for prizes. At 12:30 p.m. the Rush County Conservation Club will open their trap range for those attending to test their marksmanship skills. The event is free.
• 8th Annual Donnie Frazier Memorial Scholarship Golf Tournament will begin at 9 a.m. Sept. 14 at Antler Pointe Golf Course. Price money for first and second places. 4 person ABCD Scramble. Minimum team handicap (5-up). $200 per team includes green fees and meal.