Christina Brown Compton, 61
Gary Lynn Pugh, 62
Ellen L. Ritter, 96
John R. Shelton, 83
The Rushville Republican thanks the following persons for their subscription to and support of this newspaper:
Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• The Milroy United Methodist Church will hold its semi-annual rummage sale from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, May 2 and from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 3. Saturday is “fill-a-sack” for $2.
• RES East and West will be hosting their annual Family Fun Fest on Friday, May 2. Games and food from 5 to 6:30 p.m. with basket raffle and silent auction at 6:45 p.m. The Rushville community is invited to attend and enjoy an evening of family fun (students must be accompanied by an adult). This year activities include a variety of games, food, raffle baskets, and a silent auction. Food will be available to purchase for $3 per person (choice of hotdog or hamburger with chips and drink). A wristband for all games is $3 per student or $10 per family.
• Little Flatrock Christian Church is holding their annual yard sale May 2-3 at the Conservation Club on Hwy 44 east of Rushville. Times include 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Saturday there will be a car wash and bake sale as well. All proceeds go to fund the Appalachian Mission Trip.
• Team ACC breakfast that will be this Saturday at the Posey Township Volunteer Fire Dept. in Arlington. It will be from 7-11 with a free will offering. The menu is pancakes, sausage patties, sausage gravy and biscuits, and scrambled eggs.
• The Manilla School reunion will be held Saturday, May 3 at the Manilla Lion’s Club building. Former students, teachers and staff are welcome to attend. Registration will begin at noon with the meal being served at 1 p.m. The cost is $14. Checks should be made payable to the Manilla Alumni Association and mailed to Teola Carmony, 2007 August Court, Shelbyville, IN 46176 by April 23. Honored classes will be 1944, 1954 and 1964. If you have any questions call Teola Carmony at 317-392-6825 or Avis Brown at 765-663-2561.