INDOT will close SR 244 in southwestern Rush County between CR 725W and CR 750W, six miles east of Interstate 74, Monday morning. This closure will continue for 50 days while INDOT’s contractor removes and replaces a drainage structure over Mill Creek.
The state’s official detour routes through-traffic via I-74 and SR 3 around the construction area.
Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to email@example.com or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• Free concert, 7 p.m., will be held at Rushville’s Riverside Park Amphitheater, 100 West Water Street Rushville, IN 46173. Rushville Riverside Park free summer concert series line up July 19: KIST (KISS tribute band). Opening band Zeke and the Geeks.
• KART racking all day Saturday and Sunday at the RCHS campus and Rush County Fairgrounds. See story in today’s edition for details.
• Knights of Columbus Chicken Fry from 5 to 8 p.m. Adults $10 and children $6. Carryouts available. Menu includes: Chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, rolls, applesauce and cake. All white meat $1 extra. Open to the public. Information: 932-2277.
• The Carthage Home Ec group, Homemaker’s on the Go, will have a Yard and Bake Sale during Carthage Community Days at the Carthage Henry Henley Library. The sale will begin at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3 p.m. All proceeds will be donated to the Library.
• The Rush County Historical Society annual Children’s Day at the Gowdy House Museum, located at 619 North Perkins Street, Rushville. The event will take place from 1 to 4 p.m., rain or shine.
• The Boys and Girls Club of Rush County will be closed Saturday, July 20, through Sunday, July 28, for our annual cleaning. The club will reopen on Monday, July 29.
• The Scott Brooks Memorial Elks vs. Cancer Golf Tournament, 8 a.m., Antler Pointe Golf Club. Registration begins at 7 a.m. All proceeds go to the Elks Cancer Fund to benefit IUPUI Cancer Research Centers. Scramble format with teams of 4. Registration fees $55 per golfer. Awards, door prizes, a 50/50 Raffle, and a free lunch. Entry forms at the Elks Lodge, Antler Point Golf Club, or Horseshoe Bend Golf Course. RSVP by July 19 by calling the Elks Lodge at 765-938-1307. Any business interested in purchasing a hole sponsorship for $25, wishing to make a donation of a door prize, or entering a team may also call the Elks Lodge.