April 13, 2013 – 8 a.m. to noon
Rushville Elementary School West (enter RESW sidewalk)
Parents – please bring the following information with you:
l Enrollment Form on line at http://res.rushville.k12.in.us/ (please fill this out ahead of time)
l Birth Certificate
l Shot records
Hearing screenings will be given by Rush County Schools’ Speech and Language Teachers. Free vision screenings will be given by Dr. Sickbert and Dr. Fenimore. Immunizations will be given my Meridian Health Services. Parents need to bring proof of insurance with them. If insurance is not available or does not cover immunizations, arrangements for free shots will be made.
A Community Fair will be held in the Rushville Elementary East Gym. Community Fair participants are:
Gentle Dentist - Knightstown, RMH, Daisy Scouts, Big Brothers/Sisters, RPD, Emergency Management Services, Harcourt Outlines, RCSD, Rush County Nutritionists, Head Start, RFD, Adult 211 Education, Rushville Public Library and the Exchange Student Program.
A “Block” party will be provided by Purdue University in Conjunction with the Rush County Extension Office. A Health Fair will be provided with information and screenings from Rush Memorial Hospital.
(Age 5 by August 1, 2013)
April 13, 2013 – 8 a.m. to noon
Court appearance’s near for park vandals
As the result of a news article in the March 14 edition of the Rushville Republican, officers from the Rushville Police Department arrested two individuals in connection with vandalism in South Veterans Memorial Park one day after the news article hit the street.
- CASA to host comedy night The Rush/Shelby County CASA will have a "Comedy for CASA" night from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. April 24. The event will be held at Occasions, 415 Hendrick St. in Shelbyville. Featured comedian will be Jeff Bodart with special guest Matt Holt and host Don Stu
- Questions linger year after Boston Marathon bombs BOSTON (AP) - A surveillance video shows a man prosecutors say is Dzhokhar Tsarnaev placing a bomb near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, just yards from where an 8-year-old boy was killed when it exploded. A hand-scrawled confession condemning
- County commissioner news The trio of Mark Bacon, Bruce Levi and Ken Masters (Rush County Commissioners) met recently and held their lengthiest meeting of the year. Two of the most time-consuming and debated issues were related to request made by city officials - a request to
- A year later, deadly pork virus still confounds farmers, agriculture officials GREENSBURG - Gordon and Jeff Smiley ramped up biosecurity in and around their hog barns when a swine virus broke out on a neighboring farm last year. They hoped to keep the killer at bay. Their buildings were sprayed with an antiseptic. Workers donne
- Briefs Obituaries Charles E. Campbell, 61 David F. Fields 77 Josephine (Newhouse) Hamilton, 86 L. Jerry Lee, 81 Hugh Smith, 67 Hazel L. Workman, 76 Thanks! The Rushville Republican thanks the following persons for their subscription to and support of this n
- Local resident injured in motorcycle accident At approximately 5:19 p.m. on Saturday, April 12, 2014 , Ripley County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of a two vehicle accident involving injuries located on Buckeye Street, near the intersection of SR 350 in Osgood. Arriving on scene it was
- Authorities say hate motivated Kansas shooting OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (AP) - Prosecutors have enough evidence to pursue hate-crime charges in the shooting spree that killed three people at a Jewish community center and retirement complex near Kansas City, authorities said Monday, a day after the att
- Public hearing on 'Fowl Ordinance' nears For several years, a number of county residents have been up in arms regarding Rush County's ordinance on raising chickens and other feathered fowl. Looking back, the issue first became public in 2011 when a family in the Carthage area were found to
- Investigation complete, Miller not charged Earlier this week, FBI agents completed their efforts at the rural residence of Don Miller and left his residence in the 8300 block of South CR 850W. Agents had been at the location since showing up unannounced on April 2. In a news release from the
- More News Headlines
- Court appearance’s near for park vandals