• Community Bingo at Miller’s Merry Manor on the first Friday of each month at 2:00 p.m. Free and open to the public! Join us for an hour of fun and a chance to win prizes! Please call 765-932-4127 with any questions.
• Third Annual 5K Run/Walk in Carthage supports the Blue River Community Harvest and includes a 5K bicycle ride.
• Annual Pork Chop Dinner, Posey Township Volunteer Fire Department, 4-7 p.m., smoked pork chop, green beans, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, bread and butter, tomatoes, chips, applesauce, drink and dessert. $8 per person. $3 hot dog meal. Carry-outs available.
• The Cellular Connection, in a joint effort with its customers, will be donating 60,000 backpacks full of school supplies to children through its School Rocks Backpack Giveaway initiative.Local families can bring their children to the store between noon and 2 p.m. Aug. 3 to pick up a backpack filled with pencils, paper, a pencil box, folders, glue and more. The participating store in Rushville is located at 1814 N. Main St. Each store will donate between 100 and 150 backpacks. Leftover backpacks will be donated to local schools.
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Waggener Community Pool last day to swim this season, hours noon to 5 p.m.
• In cooperation with the Rush County Food Pantry (RCCA), the Gleaners Mobile Food Bank will be bringing a truck load of food to the Main Street Christian Church parking lot, 615 N. Main St., Rushville, on the first Monday of each month for distribution to local residents. The distribution will be made between 4 and 6 p.m. Residents will need to bring their own containers (sacks or boxes) to put their food into.