• Hope Spot’s Second Annual Back to School Day, 8 to 11 a.m., St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, 426 N. Morgan St. We are offering backpacks with school supplies for our children going back to school. If you need help with providing these essential items for your children come and receive the items that your child(ren) will need.
• The RCHS Class of 2003 will be having its 10 year class reunion on Saturday, July 27, 2013 at the Rushville Elks Lodge. The reunion will start at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 prior to the reunion and $20 at the door. Contact Phillip Morgan at email@example.com.
• RCHS Class of 1973 40th Reunion. Golf at 9 a.m. at Antler Pointe; social time from 4-7 p.m. at Rushville Bowl; Rushville Riverside Park Amphitheater “Class of 73” tent for the free Echo’s in concert bringing live hits from the 50s, 60s and 70s. Contact: Mescal Winkler at 765-561-0878.
• Raleigh School Reunion for anyone who attended to be held from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Raleigh Community building. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-645-5410. Come join us to share some memories and meet some great people!
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Free school supplies sponsored by The Salvation Army Tools for School program provides basic school supplies for children whose parents cannot afford the items necessary for their children to succeed in school. The Salvation Army will once again be handing out a limited number of free school kits (1 kit per student) for K-12 students of Rush County. The only requirements of eligibility to receive a school kit are that the student must attend a Rush County School and the student must be present when picking up the school kit. School kits are to be picked up at the First Church of God (1200 W. US HWY 52 – enter through the main entrance doors from the parking lot) on Monday, July 29 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.) and then each morning (9 a.m. to noon) until Friday, Aug. 2 or until supplies last. For more information call 765-932-5138.