• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Waggener Community Pool last day to swim this season, hours noon to 5 p.m.
• In cooperation with the Rush County Food Pantry (RCCA), the Gleaners Mobile Food Bank will be bringing a truck load of food to the Main Street Christian Church parking lot, 615 N. Main St., Rushville, on the first Monday of each month for distribution to local residents. The distribution will be made between 4 and 6 p.m. Residents will need to bring their own containers (sacks or boxes) to put their food into.
• Only Rush County Schools Kindergarten students will attend school Tuesday, Aug. 6.
• Open House at Arlington Elementary for grades 1 to 6 is from 5 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 6.
• Open House at RES East and West for grades 1 to 6 is from 5:30 to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 6.
• The first Tuesday of every month a free health check is available at Miller’s Merry Manor, 2 to 3 p.m. Blood Pressure, blood sugar and weight checks. Refreshments will be available.
• Rush County Schools students grades 1 to 12 will begin school Wednesday, Aug. 7.
• Columbus Star Quilters’ Guild special meeting on Aug. 7. The meeting will be an auction of the items from the generous sewing stash donation made by Carol Duncan. It will be held at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. There is no charge to attend. Doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the auction starts at 9:30 a.m.
• Rush County Schools grades K to 12 will all attend school Thursday, Aug. 8.
• The annual Bohn Aluminum and Brass Division lunch begins at 11: 30 a.m., Aug. 8, Greensburg Country Club/McCamments Cattleman’s Inn. Buffet lunch begins at noon.