• Rush County Health Department Immunization Clinic for children from 8 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. in Room 105 at the Rush County Courthouse. Information: 932-3103.
• Ivy Tech Community College Richmond admissions staff and advisors will be at Rushville Public Library 10 a.m. to 2 pm. providing information on admissions requirements, financial aid, classes and degree/certificate programs and registering current students for the fall semester that starts Aug. 19. Those unable to meet with the representatives and have questions should contact Stephanie Hill Alexander at 1-800-659-4562, ext. 1216 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-IVY-LINE (489-5463) from 7am-1am Eastern, seven days a week or ivytech.edu.
• Manilla Fish Fry 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 2, Breakfast 7 to 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 3 and Fish Fry again 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3. Fish Fry is $8 meal with kid’s meals available. Carry-outs available. Drawing for whole hog and 1/2 of Angus beef with processing included. Tickets sold at events with drawing held at 7 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3. R6 Band playing 6-8 p.m. Friday Aug. 2. Garden tractor pulls starting 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3. Information: Toma Weitzel 317-401-0769.
• Community Bingo at Miller’s Merry Manor on the first Friday of each month at 2:00 p.m. Free and open to the public! Join us for an hour of fun and a chance to win prizes! Please call 765-932-4127 with any questions.
• Third Annual 5K Run/Walk in Carthage supports the Blue River Community Harvest and includes a 5K bicycle ride.
• Annual Pork Chop Dinner, Posey Township Volunteer Fire Department, 4-7 p.m., smoked pork chop, green beans, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, bread and butter, tomatoes, chips, applesauce, drink and dessert. $8 per person. $3 hot dog meal. Carry-outs available.
• The Cellular Connection, in a joint effort with its customers, will be donating 60,000 backpacks full of school supplies to children through its School Rocks Backpack Giveaway initiative.Local families can bring their children to the store between noon and 2 p.m. Aug. 3 to pick up a backpack filled with pencils, paper, a pencil box, folders, glue and more. The participating store in Rushville is located at 1814 N. Main St. Each store will donate between 100 and 150 backpacks. Leftover backpacks will be donated to local schools.