• RCHS Roaring Mentors will meet with incoming Freshman on Wednesday, July 31. They’ll start at 5:00 p.m. in the RCHS Cafeteria with general information and meet their students. Next they’ll share dinner (5:30 p.m.) and then move into classroom navigation and locker location. Parents will join their Freshman at 7:00 p.m. in Laughlin Center for a variety of information to help all have a successful start to the school year.
• Come meet Christy Tollett, Purdue University Student Services Coordinator, at the Rushville Public Library on July 31, from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Learn about Purdue University classes, certificates and degrees in Richmond. Local Purdue degrees include Computer Graphics, Engineering Technology (Interdisciplinary and Mechanical), Industrial Technology, and Organizational Leadership. General education classes toward these degrees are available at the Danielson Center. There is still time to enroll for Fall 2013.
• Registration for Benjamin Rush Middle School will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 31 and 8 a.m. to noon Thursday, Aug. 1.
• Registration for Rushville Consolidated High School will be from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, July 30, from 8 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, July 31, and from 8 a.m. to noon Thursday, Aug. 1.
• The 65th annual Indiana Pioneer Engineers Club Steam Engine Show and Reunion is Aug. 1-4 at Caldwell Pioneer Acres, 3707 South CR 200W. The show grounds are easily accessible from Rushville on SR 3 south to CR 350S, east to CR 200W and south a short distance. Various activities will be held throughout the weekend including the daily parade of engines, a variety of games, booths, contests, a large flea market area, the Knights of Columbus kitchen and more. The public is invited to attend this working museum. Entries and participants from throughout the Midwest and all over the country will be in attendance and a wristband is good for the duration of the four day event.