Starting Aug. 2, the Rushville Republican will be delivered by the US Postal Service.
Home delivery subscribers will receive their newspaper, along with their other mail, in their mailbox.
The newspaper will continue to be published Tuesdays and Fridays and delivery will be same day.
Single copy outlets such as grocery stores, convenience stores and newspaper vending machines will not be impacted by our move to mail delivery.
Not-for-profits may submit upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or 126 S. Main St., Rushville, IN 46173.
• The Boys and Girls Club of Rush County will be closed Saturday, July 20, through Sunday, July 28, for our annual cleaning. The club will reopen on Monday, July 29.
• INDOT close SR 244 in southwestern Rush County between C.R. 725 West and C.R. 750W, six miles east of Interstate 74, on Monday, July 22. This closure will continue for 50 days while INDOT’s contractor removes and replaces a drainage structure over Mill Creek. The state’s official detour routes through-traffic via I-74 and S.R. 3 around the construction area.
• All the Rush County Schools elementaries (including Kindergarten) will have registration from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, July 24; from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, July 25; and from 8 a.m. to noon Friday, July 26.
• Manilla Town & Country Homemakers Club will meet at the home of Marilyn White at 7 p.m. Sharon Wooley will serve as co-hostess. Roll call: Did you go to the fair?
• Noble Niters meet at 5:45 p.m. at New Salem Lion’s Club followed by Panzarottis at Shelbyville. Roll call response: What did you do on July 4? We will be filling out books. Please bring any cookies, pies or brownies you are donating to the Mana Mission to the meeting.