• Registration for Benjamin Rush Middle School will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 31 and 8 a.m. to noon Thursday, Aug. 1.
• Registration for Rushville Consolidated High School will be from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, July 30, from 8 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, July 31, and from 8 a.m. to noon Thursday, Aug. 1.
• The 65th annual Indiana Pioneer Engineers Club Steam Engine Show and Reunion is Aug. 1-4 at Caldwell Pioneer Acres, 3707 South CR 200W. The show grounds are easily accessible from Rushville on SR 3 south to CR 350S, east to CR 200W and south a short distance. Various activities will be held throughout the weekend including the daily parade of engines, a variety of games, booths, contests, a large flea market area, the Knights of Columbus kitchen and more. The public is invited to attend this working museum. Entries and participants from throughout the Midwest and all over the country will be in attendance and the $5 wristband is good for the duration of the four day event.
• Community Bingo at Miller’s Merry Manor on the first Friday of each month at 2:00 p.m. Free and open to the public! Join us for an hour of fun and a chance to win prizes! Please call 765-932-4127 with any questions.
• Third Annual 5K Run/Walk in Carthage supports the Blue River Community Harvest and includes a 5K bicycle ride.
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Waggener Community Pool last day to swim this season, hours noon to 5 p.m.
• In cooperation with the Rush County Food Pantry (RCCA), the Gleaners Mobile Food Bank will be bringing a truck load of food to the Main Street Christian Church parking lot, 615 N. Main St., Rushville, on the first Monday of each month for distribution to local residents. The distribution will be made between 4 and 6 p.m. Residents will need to bring their own containers (sacks or boxes) to put their food into.