• Elementary School age student dance from 6-8 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Rush County. $3 per person. D.J. Kevin Green. Proceeds benefit the Boys and Girls Club.
• Community Bingo at Miller’s Merry Manor on the first Friday of each month at 2 p.m. Free and open to the public! Join us for an hour of fun and a chance to win prizes! Please call 765-932-4127 with any questions.
• Knights of Columbus Chicken Fry from 5 to 8 p.m. Adults $10 and children $6. Carryouts available. Menu includes: Chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, rolls, applesauce and cake. All white meat $1 extra. Open to the public. Information: 932-2277.
• Walnut Ridge Friends, Carthage, is pleased to host its annual Christmas Bazaar from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Ercell Beaver Community Center, Carthage. “Sweet Shop” with homemade cookies and candy by the pound; homemade arts and crafts, jams and jellies, and assorted gifts and Christmas decor. Lunch served 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. features BOJO’s pulled pork BBQ and sides. Santa arrives by horse-drawn wagon at 11 a.m. Kids are invited to talk with Santa and adults to take your own photos.
• The Rushville Consolidated High School Choral Department will present their Winter Concert at 7:30 p.m. at the Laughlin Center for the Performing Arts on the RCHS campus featuring all choirs.
• Rush County Chorale performances Dec. 14 and Dec. 15 at Center Christian Church and the Rushville Presbyterian Church. No ticket sales. Details to be announced.
• Rush County Schools Christmas Break begins. Students return to school on Monday, Jan. 6, 2014.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Tox-away Days are the first Saturday of each month from 8 a.m. to noon at Smiley Avenue. Join in making this a Clean, Green Rush County.