• Columbus Star Quilters’ Guild regular meeting at the Masonic Lodge at 4131 Rocky Ford Road, the corner of Taylor and Rocky Ford Roads. All interested persons are welcome to attend. There is no charge for the regular Wednesday meeting. After a brief meeting, the Guild will work on their service projects. Please bring your machine and any other sewing instruments you might require. Also don’t forget to bring a Show ‘n Tell for the meeting. The doors open at 8:45 a.m. and the meeting starts at 9:30 a.m.
• Elementary School age student dance from 6-8 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Rush County. $3 per person. D.J. Kevin Green. Proceeds benefit the Boys and Girls Club.
• Holiday Expo, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Rushville Elementary School East and West gyms. Many vendors will be participating including craft vendors, various home consultants and businesses. There will also be a bake sale, lunch and door prizes. Admission $1. This event is a fundraiser for Rushville Victim’s Assistance, Inc., St. Mary’s PTA and the Rushville Republican Newspapers in Education. This is a great time to start your Christmas shopping, so please come and enjoy the day.
• Rushville Eagles will host a Free Will Donation Breakfast from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Serving biscuits & sausage gravy, eggs, hash browns, milk, juice & coffee. Public invited.
• 13th Annual Rushville Farm Toy Show from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Rush County Fairgrounds. Free admission. Add to your collection. Christmas Shop. Set up time from 3 to 7 p.m. Nov. 9 and 6 to 8 a.m. Nov. 10. Contact Mark Shepherd from 765-570-2027. Leave a message or call in the evening.
• “Who Gets Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate?(tm)” is the topic of a 2-part series presented by Purdue Extension educator Gracie Marlatt on Mondays, Nov. 11 and 18. Ideal for multiple generations to experience together, the sessions will start at 6 p.m. in the Assisted Living Dining Room of Miller’s Merry Manor, 612 E. 11th Street, Rushville. This series provides a positive planning process to transfer non-titled property. It is designed to help overcome common inheritance decision-making obstacles. Fee for the series is just $10 per family. Purchase of workbook is recommend. Call Purdue Extension - Rush County at 932-5974 for more information. RSVP is requested by Nov. 4.