• Shirley’s Founders Day Talent Show at 7 p.m. with a musical prelude by Joan Cupp at 6:30 p.m. in the big tent at Shirley Park. Bring a lawn chair. Entry blanks at townofshirley.com or 765-738-6433. First prize $100. Second $50. Third $25. Entries are limited due to time.
• From 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Girl Scouts of Central Indiana will have an information booth in Rushville at the Kroger store located at 202 S Main St. Adults and girls will have the opportunity to learn more about Girl Scouting and how they can become involved with Girl Scouts. Girl Scouts offers the opportunity to develop leadership skills, become adventurers, and volunteer with local community service projects while making new friends and fond memories. Boy Scouts of America will also be present. Girls Scouts entering kindergarten in the fall are eligible to register as a Girl Scout Daisy. Girl Scouts has age levels for all girls from k-12. For more information on Girl Scouts of Central Indiana contact Sherri Becker, membership development manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-GSCIN-4U.
• Rush County Farmers Market continues each Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Third and Main Streets, Rushville.
• Raleigh Community Club Dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m., weekly on Saturdays. Live band. Open to all ages.
• Moster-Vannatta Reunion for Descendants of Joseph Moster-Fame Vannatta, lunch at noon, Roberts Park, Connersville, Liberty Building by pool. Bring a covered dish, own service, drinks. Bring pictures, family info and games. Contact Karen Moster Clark at 765-825-6738.
• Open House at Mays Elementary for grades 1 to 6, is 5 to 7 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 19.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Association, Indiana Chapter 0813, has a monthly meeting at 10 a.m., on the third Tuesday of each month at the Ponderosa Steakhouse, corner of North Lincoln St. and Fourth St., Greensburg. Optional lunch afterward. We have guest speakers on a variety of topics and items. Come meet your current and retired Federal Employee comrades. For more information call (765) 629-2720. The next meeting is 10 a.m. on Aug. 20, 2013.