• On Veterans Day, all veterans and those currently serving in the armed forces can eat free at the Knightstown Diner. This promotion is sponsored by and made possible by the good folks at Gray Auto. Knightstown Diner will be open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (special dinner hours for our Veterans) on Monday.
• “Who Gets Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate?(tm)” is the topic of a 2-part series presented by Purdue Extension educator Gracie Marlatt on Mondays, Nov. 11 and 18. Ideal for multiple generations to experience together, the sessions will start at 6 p.m. in the Assisted Living Dining Room of Miller’s Merry Manor, 612 E. 11th Street, Rushville. This series provides a positive planning process to transfer non-titled property. It is designed to help overcome common inheritance decision-making obstacles. Fee for the series is just $10 per family. Purchase of workbook is recommend. Call Purdue Extension - Rush County at 932-5974 for more information. RSVP is requested by Nov. 4.
• Rush County’s Annual Agriculture Outlook Dinner Meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. at the Root Building on the Rush County Fairgrounds. Dr. Chris Hurt of Purdue’s Ag Economics Department, will be the featured speaker, along with Susan Houston of the Rush/Shelby County FSA. Reservations are required for the complimentary meal. Please call the Extension Office at 765-932-5974 to make your reservation. If you have questions, give Will Schakel, Rush County Ag Program Assistant, a call also at 765-932-5974, or email him at email@example.com.
• The Rush County Health Department will hold their next Senior Screening from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Rush County Senior Center. This is available to all Rush County senior citizens at no cost. Information: 932-3103.
• In response to numerous requests, the Economic & Community Development Corporation and the Rush County Chamber of Commerce have partnered with the East Central Small Business Development Center to offer “Social Media 101 – Where Do I Start?” Space is limited so register soon for this event that will be held from 8 a.m. to noon Nov. 14, at the Chamber office, 315 N. Main. Cost is $30 per person; $25 if ECDC or Chamber member. To register, go to: http://isbdc.ecenterdirect.com/Conferences.action. If questions, call the ECDC office at 938-3232.