• The American Legion Ladies Auxiliary is hosting a Free Ham & Bean dinner for Veterans and their families from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 10 at the American Legion, 113 S. Morgan Street, Rushville.
• “Who Gets Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate?(tm)” is the topic of a 2-part series presented by Purdue Extension educator Gracie Marlatt on Mondays, Nov. 11 and 18. Ideal for multiple generations to experience together, the sessions will start at 6 p.m. in the Assisted Living Dining Room of Miller’s Merry Manor, 612 E. 11th Street, Rushville. This series provides a positive planning process to transfer non-titled property. It is designed to help overcome common inheritance decision-making obstacles. Fee for the series is just $10 per family. Purchase of workbook is recommend. Call Purdue Extension - Rush County at 932-5974 for more information. RSVP is requested by Nov. 4.
• Rush County’s Annual Agriculture Outlook Dinner Meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. at the Root Building on the Rush County Fairgrounds. Dr. Chris Hurt of Purdue’s Ag Economics Department, will be the featured speaker, along with Susan Houston of the Rush/Shelby County FSA. Reservations are required for the complimentary meal. Please call the Extension Office at 765-932-5974 to make your reservation. If you have questions, give Will Schakel, Rush County Ag Program Assistant, a call also at 765-932-5974, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Rush County Health Department will hold their next Senior Screening from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Rush County Senior Center. This is available to all Rush County senior citizens at no cost. Information: 932-3103.
• In response to numerous requests, the Economic & Community Development Corporation and the Rush County Chamber of Commerce have partnered with the East Central Small Business Development Center to offer “Social Media 101 – Where Do I Start?” Space is limited so register soon for this event that will be held from 8 a.m. to noon Nov. 14, at the Chamber office, 315 N. Main. Cost is $30 per person; $25 if ECDC or Chamber member. To register, go to: http://isbdc.ecenterdirect.com/Conferences.action. If questions, call the ECDC office at 938-3232.